8.

As Dean's driving down the road, Sam speaks. "Okay, this is where Dad went. It's called Blackbottle Ridge, Colorado."

"Sounds charming. How far?"

"About 600 miles."

"If we shag ass, we can make it by morning."

"Dean, um..."

"You're not going."

"The interview's in ten hours. I got to be there," he sighs. Dean sighs, glancing in the rearview mirror at me.

"What about you?"

"Dean, we agreed on one more time. This life isn't for me. You know that, not after what happened," I sigh.

"Yeah. Yeah, whatever. I'll take you guys home."

*at home*

Sam and Dean walk me to my front door, but before I open it, I turn around to face them. "I will say... it was really good to see you guys again. I'm glad we worked things out."

"Are you sure you don't wanna stick around," Dean asks.

"I can't. I just can't do it anymore," I shake my head.

"Okay, I get it. Well, if you ever change your mind, you got my number," he sighs, walking toward his car. Sam looks down at me.

"It was almost like... old times, huh," he says.

"Yeah, it was," I nod. "Sam, can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot."

"Why did you break up with me? Were you not happy? Did you not love me anymore?"

"No. No, no, no. It wasn't like that. I never stopped loving you," he shakes his head.

"Really?"

"Yeah... but after you almost lost your life, I blamed myself. When you made the decision to quit hunting, I knew it wouldn't work out between us. I knew it would be too dangerous. I also knew that me being gone all the time... wouldn't work," he explains. "You have to know... I didn't want to."

"So... do you still love me?"

He's silent for a moment, before nodding. "I do... I don't think I'll ever stop loving you."

"But things are different now, right? You've got a girlfriend and an interview for law school. You've moved on," I sigh.

"Callie--"

"Sam, it's okay. I understand. We're different people than we were three years ago. It was good seeing you again," I say, unlocking my front door. "Don't be a stranger, okay?"

"Okay," he nods. I head inside, shutting the door behind myself. I sigh, running a hand through my hair.

I need a long, long shower after these past couple of days.

I toss my keys on the table, walking down the hall and toward my bedroom. I head inside my room, shutting the door behind myself. I kick my shoes off, walking toward my bathroom, stripping out of my clothes. Once I'm in the bathroom, I shut the door behind me.

~ ~ ~

As I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, I hear a sudden banging on the front door. I jump in surprise, standing up. I hear another pound on the door, making me speak. "I'm coming, I'm coming," I shout. "Jesus," I mutter. I walk toward my door, and I try to open it, but I can't.

What the hell?

I turn the handle and pull, but it's like it's stuck on something.

I hear a crash come from behind me making me spin around. I gasp when I see a fire covering the room. I back up and my back hits the door.

How the hell did a fire start?

I rush toward the window, trying to pull it open, but it doesn't budge. I bang against the glass. "HELP," I scream.

Suddenly, I see Sam and Dean on the other side of the glass, with panicked looks on their faces. Sam reaches toward the window and a tear rolls down my cheek. Smoke starts to fill the room, fire spreading to every inch. I turn around to see that I'm trapped.

This is it. It's over.