55.

"Here's something, I think. Logbook, Iowa State Penitentiary. "Karns, Jacob-- personal affects, disposition thereof."," Dean reads.

"Does it mention the hook," I ask.

""Upon execution, all earthly items should be remanded to the prisoner's house of worship, St. Barnabas Church"," Dean says.

"Isn't that where Lori's father preaches," Sam says.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Where Lori lives?"

"Maybe that's why the Hookman's been haunting the Reverends and Reverends' daughters for the past 200 years," Dean suggests.

"Yeah, but if the hook were at the church or Lori's house, don't you think someone might've seen it? I mean, a blood-stained, silver-handled hook?"

"Check the church records."

~ ~ ~

"St. Barnabas donation's, 1862. "Received-- silver-handled hook from state penitentiary. Reforged"," Sam reads.

"They melted it down, made it into something else," I sigh.

*that night, at the church*

"All right. We can't take any chances. Anything silver goes in the fire," Dean says.

"I agree," Sam nods.

"Lori's still at the hospital. We'll have to break in," I sigh.

"All right, take your pick. Church or house," Dean asks me.

"I'll take the house."

"We'll take the church," Sam nods.

"Be careful." With that, we split off.

I pull the same bobby pin out of my hair and stick it into the keyhole. I jiggle it around, before the lock clicks. I pocket it, before walking into the house.

After I've gathered literally anything that looks silver, I head back outside. "I got everything that even looks silver."

"Better safe than sorry," Sam sighs. I toss the bag to him, and he starts throwing the objects into the fire.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps creaking above us making me glance up. "Move, move," Dean says. We quickly head up the stairs, and Dean pushes the door open when I see Lori sitting in the church. I glance up at them, before walking toward her.

"Lori," I question making her look up at me.

"What are you doing here," she asks.

"What is it?"

"I've been trying to understand what's been happening, why. Now I know, so I'm praying for forgiveness," she admits.

"Forgiveness for what?"

"Don't you see? I'm to blame for all this. I've read in the Bible about avenging angels."

"Trust me. This guy-- he's no angel," I shake my head.

"I was so angry at my father. Part of me wanted him punished, and then he came and he punished him."

"It's not your fault," I insist.

"Yes, it is. I don't know how, but it is. I killed Rich. Taylor, too. I nearly killed my father," she cries.

"Lori."

"I can see it now. They didn't deserve to be punished. I do," she says making my eyes widen.

I hear a noise, making me quickly look around. I stand up, and she does too. I notice the candles that are lit go out. "Come on. We got to go," I say, pulling her along. I rush toward the door, opening it when I see him on the other side. I quickly shut the door, and he breaks into the door. "Come on," I exclaim, pulling her in the opposite direction. I run toward a door, pulling it open. "Go!" The glass in door window shatters, and I spin around. He swings at me a couple of times, but I dodge his attacks.

He suddenly appears behind Lori making my eyes widen. "No," I shout, pushing her out of the way. I feel a sharp pain in my arm making me exclaim in pain. She's suddenly pulled backward, and I ignore the throbbing pain in my arm and rush toward her. "Come on."