62.

We come a stop, and we slowly look around. "I've been keeping track of insect populations. It's, um, part of an AP science class."

"You two are like peas in a pod," Dean comments.

"What's been happening," Sam asks.

"Well, a lot. I mean, from bees to earthworms, uh, beetles. You name it. It's like they're congregating here."

"Why," I question.

"I don't know."

"What's that," Sam asks, noticing something. Matt shrugs, so Dean walks over to it. We follow him. Dean walks over to a pile of earthworms and steps on them. A hole spreads between them, and Dean kneels down. He grabs a stick and digs around the hole.

"There's something down there," he says after hitting something hard. He reaches in the hole and tries to pull out whatever's down there. "Come on, come on," He mutters. He finally pulls out the object and holds it up. He examines it before looking up at us.

Is that a human skull?

*later*

"So a bunch of skeletons in an unmarked grave," I say.

"Yeah, maybe this is a haunting," Dean nods. "Pissed off spirits, some unfinished business."

"Yeah, maybe. Question is, why bugs? And why now?"

"Uh, that's two questions," Dean points out. Sam glares at him. "Hey, so with that kid back there, how could you tell him to just ditch his family like that?"

"Just, uh, I know what the kid's going through," Sam shrugs.

"I'm gonna go ahead and go inside and let you guys talk," I say, before walking off.

*Sam's POV*

"How about telling him to respect his old man? How's that for advice?"

"Dean, come on. This isn't about his old man. You think I didn't respect Dad. That's what this is about."

"Just forget it, alright? Sorry I brought it up."

"I respected him. But no matter what I did, it was never good enough."

"So what are you saying, that Dad was disappointed in you?"

"Was? Is," I scoff. "Always has been."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because I didn't want to bowhunt or hustle pool because I wanted to go to school and live my life which, to our whacked-out family, made me the freak."

"Yeah, you were kind of like the blonde chick in "The Munster's"," Dean says.

"Dean, you know what most dads are when their kids score a full ride? Proud. Most dads don't toss their kids out of the house."

"I remember that fight. In fact, I seem to recall a few choice phrases coming out of your mouth," Dean says.

"You know, truth is, when we finally do find Dad, I don't know if he's even gonna wanna see me."

"Sam, dad was never disappointed in you. Never. He was scared."

"What are you talking about?"

"He was afraid of what could've happened to you if he wasn't around. But even when you two weren't talking he used to swing by Stanford whenever he could. Keep an eye on you. Make sure you were safe," Dean admits.

"What?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't he tell me any of that?"

"Well, it's a two-way street, dude. You could have picked up the phone. Come on, we're gonna be late for our appointment."