82.

"What do you got those amped up to?"

"100,000 volts."

"Damn," I mutter.

"Yeah, I want this rawhead extra freakin' crispy. Remember, you only get one shot with these things, so make it count," Dean says, shutting the trunk.

I pull my gun out, taking a deep breath.

Dean pushes the door open before we head down the steps. He quickly checks his left, making it to the bottom of the stairs. I check his right when we hear a tapping sound. Dean slowly walks toward the large cabinet, speaking. "On three. 1... 2...3!" They open each door, and I see two kids hiding in it.

"Is it still here," I whisper. The boy nods. "Okay, grab your sister's hand. We're gonna get you out of here. Let's go, let's go." Sam leads them toward the stairs, while Dean and I keep an eye out.

However, something grabs Sam's leg and pulls him down, causing him to trip down the stairs. "Sam," I shout. Dean jumps down, shooting the taser gun at it. "Sam, get 'em out of here!"

"You take this!" He tosses me the weapon, before running up the stairs. Dean and I take a look around.

"Come on," Dean mutters.

The thing pops Dean in the face, making him stumble back, falling into a puddle of water.

It grabs me and throws me backward. I crash into some old furniture, groaning. I look up when I see Dean grab the taser. I glance at the thing to see it standing in the water as well. "Wait, Dean no," I shout when he shoots it. I gasp when I watch the electricity travel from the thing to Dean. The thing falls to the ground but Dean goes limp too. "Dean," I exclaim, jumping to my feet and rushing over to him. "Dean," I say, shaking him. "Dean, wake up!"

"Dean," I hear Sam shout, rushing over to us. "What happened?!"

"He got electrocuted," I say, tears forming in my eyes. I check his pulse, speaking. "It's faint. We have to get him to a hospital."

*the next day*

"I'm so sorry to ask. There doesn't seem to be any insurance on file."

"Right, um...," Sam stutters, pulling his insurance card out of his wallet.

"Okay, Mister... Berkovitz." Sam and I walk back over to the officers.

"Look, uh, we can finish this up later."

"No, no, it's okay. We were just taking a shortcut through the neighborhood, and our windows were rolled down. We heard some screaming when we drove past the house, and we stopped, ran in," Sam explains.

"And you found the kids in the basement."

"Yeah."

"Well, thank God you did." I notice the doctor walking toward us.

"Excuse us," I say, grabbing Sam's hand.

"Sure. Thanks for your help." We rush toward him.

"Hey, Doc, is he--"

"He's resting."

"And?"

"The electrocution triggered a heart attack-- pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart-- it's damaged."

"How damaged," I ask.

"We've done all we can. We can try and keep him comfortable at this point, but I'd give him a couple weeks at most, maybe a month," he admits. My eyes widen.

Is he saying... he's gonna die?

"No, no, there's... got to be something you can do, some kind of treatment," Sam shakes his head.

"We can't work miracles. I really am sorry." Sam nods silently, rushing past him. A couple tears roll down my cheeks, and I walk toward Dean's room. I peer in to see Sam talking to him.

This is my fault... I should've stopped him. I should've saw it coming.

I tried to heal him while we were on the way to the hospital, and I couldn't.

What the hell is the point of having this gift if I can't even help the ones who matter the most?

I screwed up.