15.

"One more time. That's...?"

"Anasazi symbols. It's for protection. The wendigo can't cross over them," Dean answers. 

Roy laughs, and I roll my eyes. "Nobody likes a skeptic, Roy," I state before glancing over at Sam. I walk over to him, and he looks at me. "You wanna tell me what's going on with you now?"

"Callie--"

"Stop. You're not fine. I can tell," I sigh.

"Dad's not here. I mean, that much we know for sure, right? He would have left us a message, a sign, right?"

"Yeah, you're probably right," I nod. "To tell you the truth, I don't think he's even been to Lost Creek."

"Then let's get these people back to town, and let's hit the road... Go find him. I mean, why are we still even here?" I stand up, sitting in front of him, so he has to look at me.

"That journal is why. That is his single most valuable possession. Everything he knows about every evil thing is in there. And he's passed it on to you guys. Maybe he wants you two to pick up where he left off. You know, saving people, hunting things... the family business," I sigh.

"That makes no sense. Why-- Why doesn't just call us? Why doesn't he tell us what he wants, tell us where he is?"

"I don't know. But the way I see it, he's given you guys a job to do, and I know damn well Dean is gonna do that job."

"Cal... no. I gotta find him. I gotta find Jessica's killer. It's the only thing I can think about."

"Okay... All right. Sam, we'll find them, I promise," I nod. "Listen to me... you've gotta prepare yourself. I mean, this search could take a while. And that all anger, you can't keep it burning over the long haul. It's gonna kill you, and I don't want you to die. You have to be patient," I say.

"How do you do it? How does Dean do it? How does Dad do it?"

"Well, for one, them," I answer, pointing at Hailey and her brother. "I mean, why not try and help other families, other people? And you know what else helps?"

"What?"

"Killing as many evil sons of bitches as we possibly can," I say, smiling at him. He cracks a smile, when I suddenly hear a voice.

"Help me!"

We quickly stand up, and walk over to the others.

"Help!"

"It's trying to draw us out. Just stay cool. Stay put," Dean says.

"Inside the magic circle," Roy questions sarcastically.

"Help!" The voice turns into a horrible growling sound.

"Okay, that's no grizzly," Roy comments. I stay close by Sam when I hear it growl right by us.

"It's here," I say. The bushes rustle, and Roy shoots at them. It growls at us from behind, and Roy turns around and shoots at it again.

"I hit it," Roy says, leaving the safety of the symbols.

"Roy, no," Dean shouts, as he disappears into the woods. "Roy! Don't move," Dean says to Hailey and her brother, before we all follow Roy.

"Roy," Dean shouts.

"It's in the--" His voice is cut off.