23.

"Okay, just so I'm clear. You see... something attack Bill's boat, sending Bill, who is a very good swimmer, by the way, into the drink, and you never see him again?"

"Yeah, that about sums it up," Dean nods.

"And I'm supposed to believe this, even though I've already sonar-swept that entire lake, and what you're describing is impossible and you're not really wildlife service? That's right, I checked. The department's never heard of you three."

"See? Now, we can explain that," Dean tries.

"Enough, please. The only reason you're breathing free air is one of Bill's neighbors saw him steering out that boat just before you did. So we have a couple of options here. I can arrest you for impersonating government officials and hold you as material witnesses to Bill Carlton's disappearance, or we can chalk this all up to a bad day, you get into your car, you put this town into your rearview mirror, and you don't ever darken my doorstep again."

"Door number two sounds good," Sam nods.

"That's the one I'd pick."

*that night*

As we're sitting at a stoplight, Sam speaks. "Green."

"What," Dean questions.

"Light's green." Dean goes forward, but turns the right way, instead of toward the interstate.

"Uh, the interstate's the other way," I point out.

"I know."

"Dean, I think this job's over."

"I'm not so sure."

"If Bill murdered Peter Sweeney, and Peter's spirit got it's revenge, case closed. The spirit should be at rest."

"So what if we take off and this thing isn't done? What if we missed something? What if more people get hurt," Dean points out.

"But why would you think that?"

"Well... I mean, Lucas did seem really scared," I admit.

"Exactly," Dean nods.

"That's what this is about?"

"I just don't want to leave town till I know the kid's okay."

"Who are you, and what have you done with my brother," Sam asks.

"Shut up," Dean glares at him.

*at Andrea's house*

"Are you sure about this," Sam sighs. "It's pretty late, man." Dean hits the doorbell, and the door immediately opens. Lucas pops out, his breathing erratic.

"Lucas? Lucas!" He runs off, and we quickly follow him inside. "Lucas!" He runs upstairs, and I notice water coming from the bathroom. He bangs on the door, but Dean moves him aside and kicks the door in. Sam and I rush inside and toward the tub. He reaches in and tries to pull Andrea out of the tub but struggles. He groans in pain, and I finally grab on to his arm and help him pull her out.

*the next morning*

"Can you tell me?"

"No. It doesn't make any sense. I'm going crazy," Andrea cries.

"No, you're not. Tell us what happened-- everything," I sigh.

"I heard-- I thought I heard... There was this voice."

"What did it say?"

"It said-- It said, "come play with me"," she admits. "What's happening?"

I sigh, rubbing my tired eyes.