63.

*Callie's POV*

"So you three are students?"

"Yeah. Yeah, uh, we're in your class. Anthro 101," Sam nods.

"Oh, yeah."

"So, what about the bones, Professor," I ask.

"This is quite an interesting find you've made. I'd say they're 170 years old, give or take. The timeframe and the geography heavily suggest Native American," he answers.

"Were there any tribes or reservations on that land," Sam asks.

"Not according to the historical record but the, uh, relocation of native peoples was quite common at that time."

"Right. Well, are there any local legends, oral histories about the area?"

"Well, you know, there's a... there's a Euchee trip in Sapulpa. It's about 60 miles from here. Someone out there might know the truth."

"Alright," I nod.

We leave the university when I get this sudden splitting headache. I stop walking, and Sam speaks. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just... I don't feel too good," I admit.

"What's wrong?"

"I just have this... horrible migraine," I sigh, pressing my palm against my head.

"Are you sure you wanna come with us," Dean says.

"Yeah... I'll be fine," I nod. I start to walk forward when my knees give out. I almost fall, but Sam catches me.

"Whoa," he says, wrapping his arm around me, keeping me upright. "You are not okay. Dean, let's check her into a motel."

"Okay," he nods.

"No, I'm fine," I assure him. However, I feel something drip on to my arm. I look down to see a little bit of fresh red liquid. "What the hell," I mutter. Sam hands me a handkerchief, and I take it, pressing it against my nose.

"No, you're not. You're really weak," he sighs. "Come on, I'll carry you." I wrap my arms around his neck, and he lifts me up with ease, walking me back to the car. He climbs into the back, keeping me in his lap.

"I'm sorry," I sigh.

"Don't be," he says, brushing the hair out of my face.

*at the motel*

"Okay, you just stay here and rest," Sam sighs.

"God, I feel so useless," I groan.

"It's okay," he assures me. "Just try and get some rest."

"Okay, please be careful," I nod.

"I will," He assures me. He leans down, kissing my lips softly before leaving the motel.

~ ~ ~

I open my eyes, looking around.

Where am I?

I'm surrounded by dead roses.

I stand up, turning around when I see him...

The man that was standing above my body in my house, the one that dropped blood in my mouth.

"Hey," I shout. He slowly looks up from the roses and at me. "Who the hell are you?!"

"Who am I? Who are you?"

"What... What do you mean?"

"You possess healing powers, but why? How?"

"You--You did something to me! You did this to me!"

"You're correct. I gave you a gift but not to help people. To hurt them. If you have the gift of life, doesn't that mean you might have the gift of death, too?"

"Wh--What," I stutter out.

"I fed you when you were younger, but I was interrupted. Your parents had regretted their decision and tried to get rid of me. I, of course, had to kill them for going back on their decision, but I was weak, so I had to flee after killing them," he explains. Tears form in my eyes.

"You killed them?"

"I wouldn't have if they weren't so ignorant. Anyway, the second I found the perfect moment to feed you more, I did, and now, you're one of us," he says.

"One of who?"

"A special child, of course. I created you. You're mine."

"No. I am not yours!"

"Yes, you are. It's time to just except your fate. Oh, and your little boyfriend, Sam Winchester? He's one of us too."

"What?"

"He's a special child too. There are many of you."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because... sooner or later, I'm going to need all of you, but that day isn't today."