17.

"Cal, Dean," Sam says making us walk over to him.

"What is it," I ask, looking around at the trees. I notice claw marks in each tree, creating a circle.

"You know, I was thinking that those claw prints, so clear and distinct... they were almost too easy to follow," Sam says when we hear a growling come from around us.

I keep my eyes peeled when Hailey screams. I look over to see something fall from the tree and she jumps out of the way, barely missing it. I rush toward the body, checking him. "His neck's broken," I say, standing up. "Okay, run, run. Go, go, go, go," I shout, urging them along.

We run through the woods, halting to a stop when we come across the wendigo.

Shit.

*Sam's POV*

"Hailey!" We finally make it back to camp, and I see that Callie, Dean, and Hailey are all gone.

"Dean! Callie," I shout, looking around.

No...

We take a look around, when her brother speaks. "If it keeps its victims alive, why would it kill Roy?"

"Honestly? I think because Roy shot at it, he pissed it off," I admit.

I should've never let them out of my sight.

"They went this way." I walk over to him, and he hands me the peanut M&M.

"It's better than breadcrumbs," I chuckle, tossing it aside.

~ ~ ~

I notice a sign next to the entrance of one of the abandoned mines that says:

Warning! Danger! Do not enter. Extremely toxic material

I glance back at him, shrugging. I step inside, and he follows me in. I pull out my flashlight, turning it on.

God, I hope they're okay. I can't lose anyone else. Not right now.

We walk down the mine when I hear a growling. I turn off the flashlight, grabbing him and pulling him aside. We press our backs against the rocks, as the wendigo walks out from behind a corner and down the mine. He whimpers, making me quickly cover his mouth. Once it's out of view, I take my hand off his mouth and walk down the way he came from.

Suddenly, the wood we're walking on breaks through, and we fall through the hole, landing on the hard ground. I groan when he jumps back suddenly. "Hey, it's okay. It's okay," I comfort him. I look up when I see Dean, Hailey, and Callie hanging from the ceiling. I jump to my feet rushing toward Dean and Callie. "Dean," I say, shaking him. "Dean." He groans, her eyes opening. "Hey. You okay?"

"Ugh, yeah, but check Callie. She hasn't made a sound since it got us," he admits. I nod, rushing over to her.

"Callie," I say, checking her pulse.

It's faint.

I quickly cut her down, catching her before she can fall. "Cal, come on, wake up," I say, shaking her. "Hey, cut them down," I say to her brother. He nods, and I hand him my knife. I gently lie her down, lacing my fingers together and pushing against chest. I open her mouth slightly, pinching her nose. I breathe a couple of breaths into her, before pushing against her chest again.

She suddenly gasps, sitting up, breathlessly. "Sam," she questions, looking up at me.

"It's okay, you're okay," I assure her. She wraps her arms around my neck, hugging me.

"Thank you."