5

He sat at the empty chair infront of me, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Ano bang design kase ang gusto? May kopya ka ba ng blueprint?" Tanong nya saakin.

I grab my ipad and showed him the blueprint Ms. Gonzales's fiancee sent me last week.

"They want a simple but elegant kind of interior, they also want 4 rooms. One being the masters, guest bedroom, music room and a movie theater, they also want 2 offices, and a sports villa sa labas." I walked him through the clients wants.

"Lahat naman ay may sketch na, except sa movie theater, may Idea ka na ba ron?" He asked.

"I have one in my mind." I said then grabbed a fresh new paper to start my work again.

"Sge, ganto. Ikaw muna sa theater room na yan tas ako na sa ibang parte ng bahay, simple but elegant lang naman ang gusto nila diba?" He asked which made me nod.

And we did exactly that, he's busy sketching the house and it's interior meanwhile I worked on the theater room.

Gab's an engineering student but he also has knowledge when it comes to architecture. His father's an engineer meanwhile his mom is an architect, his knowledge in architecture is also the reason why he's head of the engineering department.

My idea is a boho themed theater, It's different from the regular theater room but it shall also display sense of comfiness just like a regular one. That way, more colours can be added and played with. Instead of plants, lavanders or lavander wisteria's will play the part. But of course, green plants will be there for it not to lose the boho theme. After a couple hours I presented the design to him.

"Galing talaga Architect oh, sabi ko na nga ba eh. Kinukulang ka lang ng creative juices." He smirked.

I also helped him sa bahay, of course. Walang hiya naman akong kaibigan kung hindi ko sya tutulungan. Kahit walang hiya rin naman sya. Kidding.

I helped him and we were able to come up with 3 ideas for the house, alongside with 2 Ideas for that theater room. After that, we decided to finally head home since medyo pagabi na rin.

"Gusto mo bang kumain? Drive thru, libre ko." He offered.

"Wow, I'm shocked. Hindi ka na kuripot ngayon Engineer." I teased. "Yes I would love to, burger and fries. Samahan mo na ng ice cream." I said.

"Inaabuso mo naman kabaitan ko Lavelle, ma-swerte ka mabait ako." He joked before taking a turn to the nearest McDonald's branch.

As he was busy ordering, I look at my phone for a moment. People have already viewed my story and they're all wondering who he is. I don't really post Gab much on my socials, sya lang ang gumagawa non saakin.

Zheena_Ang: uy sino yan?

yanicruz_: ala na guys, tapos na pila.

Savcia: ano to madam??

Jia_S: ??

Lahat sila ay hinuhulaan kung sino sya, some even messaged me asking if he's my bf or not. But there's only one message that caught my eye.

ysagonzales_: new bf huh?

I pause for a moment, should I reply? And why the hell is she messaging me? She's my client, that's non of her concern. As if I'll let that affect my work, and for goodness sake hindi ko jowa si Gab.

I took a deep breath before viewing our convo and replying to her.

sayonara_: No miss, That's Eng Gabriel Martinez. Head of the engineering dep in our firm, he'll also work on your house too.

Within a minute she saw it and is now typing her reply.

ysagonzales_: and so? What on earth are you doing in a house uphill watching the sunset? Is that how co-workers act?

She's really onto this huh?

sayonara_: as far as I know miss, that's none of your concern. And yes, we're at his house uphill because we were discussing what to do for your house. Also, we have already planned something for your house, just let us know when you're up for another discussion.

She typed her response once more.

ysagonzales_: how many times do I have to tell you Ara, I only want you. I want you on this project, I want you to update us, to tell us your plans, I want you to build our house for us. Haven't I made that clear to you honey?

That made me froze.

"Uy, lavelle. Tulala ka nanaman, kain na." He handed me my burger.

I took a bite while staring at our conversation, still not being able to come up with a reply.

ysagonzales_: speechless kiddo?

I couldn't come up with another reply for that, I just seen her and continued eating since Gabriel's urging me to. We ate outside at some grass as we gave at the stars from time to time. Ever since she left me, stars have been another comfort of mine. They're there when I would continuesly stay up late at night, whenever I'm crying at night, whenever I'm cramming. They're always there.

"Gab," I call.

"Hm?" He hummed in response.

"Thank you," I smile."Thank you, for always being there for me. For making me happy in the most weird ways, for always cheering me up. For staying by my side." I said sincerely.

"I-I never knew the right words to express my gratitude to have someone like you, and if there's any word I can use to say how grateful I am to have you. I would. But right now, I could only think of thank you. I know I may not express it to you often, but. Yeah, I am really lucky to have you."

Napapaluha na rin sya, he also doesn't know what to say. All my life, he's been here with me. And I just realized I never once thanked him, or showed him how lucky I am for having a solid friend like him.

"Salamat, Sayonara."

:)