Special chapter #1

Scilla

Scilla represents loyalty, love, serenity, and  peace. But in the modern times it's often used as a symbol of new beginnings & hope. That's what I was named after because upon seeing me my parents felt a new beginning within me, a hope. A new life with me.

Their love story is something straight from the books, and I admire them for clinging onto their love for one another despite being separated many times.

"Natalie Scilla G. Lavelle." I introduced myself.  "I'm currently 14 years old, and the things that have captured my interest over the years are reading, playing instruments, and singing. I'm also fond of archery and volleyball. I hope to be civil with you all, thank you."

It's not like my name isn't heard across this school, and it's not because of my parents or because of what they went through here. I made a name for myself even when my surname already rings a bell amongst the faculty personnel.

I studied hard, excelled in both academic and extracurricular activities. I'm also a very active student as I'm into scb, and a well known organization as well. I'm also a part of the sports team, and band here on our school. While still remaining the highest amongst my batchmates.

My parents never pressured me into studying or doing all these kinds of stuff, it's just me who pressures myself into doing all these kinds of stuff. My mom is a well known teacher who also studied law and medicine, while my mama on the other hand is a well known architect that owns one of the greatest firms here in asia.

It's no secret that alot of people know me, inside or outside campus. And I can't bare them to see me slacking off, because even my parents are affected with my slightest actions.

And with that I learned to take precautions to what I say and what I do, Nagpapaalam ako whenever I have to go, I go home hours before my curfew, I send updates to the both of them all the time.

"Mom." I knocked three times before opening the door to her classroom.

And yes, I go to the same school my mom teaches in. Though it's not really a problem for me that she teaches here, she never got to teach me anyway, so I'm fine with that.

"Yes? How are you? Do you need anything?" She asked as soon as I enter the room.

"Nag aaya mga friends ko mom, can I go?" I asked.

"Makakapasok ka ba sa sm wearing that?" She asked.

"I have pamalit naman mom, please?" I pleaded.

"Do you have money?" She asked.

"Yes mom." I answered.

"Alright, take care. Be home before five." She said before I closed the door.

What she really meant by that is be home by three, she knows that I go home hours before my curfew so she extends it a little bit for me. Before leaving a left a message to mama so that she won't be worried.

To:Mama Dragon

Ma, I'm going out with my friends. Nakapag paalam na'ko kay mom. I'll be home at three. Love yah.

She replied by reacting a love emoji to my message, usually my friends and I would just walk to get to the mall since it's just a walking distance. We managed to change first before entering the mall and luckily the guards allowed us to pass by.

"Tara kain!" Yaya ni Ava.

"Madaming pera?" Rhexa questioned. We just spent the entire afternoon, together, we ate, bought a few stuff and roam around as we chitchat.

As we roam around we saw other people from our school, some are our classmates and others are our teachers. Thankfully, mom doesn't go out at this time, she usually goes out at a very late hour before. Now my mama picks her up if she's going to stay overnight.

As we're waiting for our drinks since we're currently inside Starbucks, we came across one of the demons of our schools.

Enoch Zacharias Bautista

"Ms. Lavelle, anong ginagawa mo rito?" He teased.

"Why? Do you own the place to be caring about my damn business?" I rebutted.

"Sungit talaga," he chuckled.

"Zach!" Tawag ni Ava. "May kasama ka ba?" She asked which Zach replied with a shook.

"Dito ka na oh!" She motioned the seat beside me. Great, thanks Ava. I'll keep in mind to strangle you the next time I see you.

He sat beside me with a smirk, I didn't mind him, I sent a pic of our drinks to both my parents to update them on what are we doing and where are we.

"Sino yan?" The guy beside me asked.

"Parents, updates." I simply replied.

I also sent in a group photo of all of us including zach, I didn't want to take a group photo without zach because that would have been rude. He's also practically my friend rin, he just pisses me off all the time.

"Tara pic tayo." Zach offered on his phone.

I thought it would be a group photo but it's just the two of us, I didn't bother complaining, we took a couple shots together then finally he asked for a group photo.

It's around 2:30 when I excused myself since I want to go home narin to rest and do a few of the things I love, Zach insisted to accommodate me to make sure I'm safe knowing my parents so, I agreed.

As the car ride progresses there's something inside me that I can't explain, it's unusual for a guy to take me home knowing my parents. Usually mama would pick me up but since the firm is far from our school and she's not going to leave yet I was going to commute, but since Zach insisted I decided to take his offer.

I wonder what they will think about Zach, will they like him? Think that he's my boyfriend? But he isn't naman ah.

Scilla, why on earth are you thinking about the guy beside you? Snap out Natalie.

I didn't realize we're already here until he stopped the car, he quickly left the driver side then opened mine and assisted me outside of the vehicle. He held my hand the entire time as we walk towards our house.

I knocked three times before opening the door, from the door you may see the kitchen, were mom is currently at as she cooks our dinner.

"Mom!" I called.

She quickly left the kitchen once she saw my company, she embraced me into a warm hug just like how she would greet me. She then turned to the guy beside me.

"Hi tita, I'm Zach Bautista po. Nice to meet you."

:)