22

Parang isang malaking tinik ang nabunot saakin nang sabihin ni Jia yun, all we could think about is hugging one another. Thankful for another change that was given to her. I know Ysa wouldn't mess this up, she's a woman of her words. Once she makes promises, she will do them, no matter what the costs are. Because promises are sacred to her.

When our food arrived we all ate with a happy smile, I had to let go of her hand that was under the table holding mine the entire time. I had to let her know that I'm there, alongside her. Fighting her battles. It's such a relief we got to clear things with Jia, and for the first time, it felt nice to hear her fight for me too.

We had such a hard time fighting before, the whole world is against us, and it feels like we're trapped in a cage, not being able to voice out what we really want to say. And back in the day, only I was able to fight. And I completely understand that, knowing whatever we have could potentially be ruined. But now, this is probably the first time she has ever screamed to the whole world how much she loves me.

...

"Sayonara Lavelle."

That name caught my attention in an instant, Goodbye and Lavenders. Never have I ever heard that unique name before.

I never really liked marking first impressions unto people, but for her, I'd like to call her the mysterious student. The one who doesn't talk much, but has lots of friends, doesn't socialize, but knows lots of things, isn't too loud but friends with the loud people in the room, isn't too quiet but is able to be friends with the quietest ones. She's an average student, but many people knows her.

She's in between everything, like a bridge.

But that's impossible right? Yes is yes and no means no, nothing in between.

And while this mysterious student caughts my attention, as we progressed into the school year. I realized even more that she really is full of mystery.

One being her words, the way she uses them and delivers them. Their like poems, you feel a connection but you can't somehow understand it. It makes me curious to see what's going on in her brain, wondering why she said that. She's also an active student, who knew she'd have that sense of academic achiever in her system. She participates in recitations, aces every quiz and passes her projects on time.

But what more shocked me is her knowledge in my subject, cled.

I found it rare for a student to actively participate in cled, but she does and she knows alot more than others. Making her get the highest score in my exam this quarter.

"Lavelle, 40/40." I smile upon announcing her score, everyone already expected that she'll get the highest score, and when I announced it she smiled. And it's the first time I've ever saw her do that.

Damn, what the hell are you talking about Ysa?

That smile lingered on my head for a long time, I still can't believe it. Who would have thought that she'd have such a precious smile. I'd love to see that on her everyday. When the marian event comes she went in too to support her friend Jia, and she cannot be more happy to hear that she won.

That's when things took a turn, I don't know but for some reason she started to get really comfortable towards me. I saw her jolly side with all smiles and joy. Something I never saw in her. Another noticable thing is how she's fond of giving gifts to me, the other day she gave me a chocolate, the other she gave me brownies, the other cupcakes and many more.

Maybe she's like that to other people too.

It's nice seeing this side of her, before, she used to be the student who doesn't utter a word unless its recitation. But now, she can pretty much talk about her life if she has the time to do so.  From the student who avoids my whole existence, to the student who is now comfortable at me that she can now lean her head onto my shoulder and rest just like that. In which I allowed her to do so, even when it sometimes bother me whenever students are clingy towards me due to the pandemic.

"Ms hatid na kita." She offered.

"Sa kabilang building ako nak," I said.

"Kaya nga kita ihahatid Miss eh," she smiled.

I smiled as well and agreed, she grabs some of my stuff and we bid our goodbyes to the classroom as we head towards the main building.

"You know, it's so unusual of you to do this. Before, you don't even utter a single word. Now, may hatid pa." I chuckled.

She smiled as well, "komportable ako sa'yo miss eh," she said.

"Well glad to know that, but it's just weird. You don't do that to your other teachers." I pointed out.

"Iba pag mahal mo miss," she suddenly said.

That's when I figured things out, she has a crush on me. That's why.

That's why she's so kind to me, that's why she's so comfortable towards me, all the giving of gifts, all the ingat and take care's. All the reminders to eat, rest and drink water. All of that because of affection.

"Ohh so that's why," I managed to say.

"Is it okay po ba miss?" She asked.

"What you're doing?" I asked, making her nod. "Well, I don't mind. As long as you know your boundaries and doesn't go over them, it's okay." I patted her head.

"Akala ko ma weweirdohan ka miss," she chuckled.

"Why would I? Crush, pag hanga. What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"Wala po," she whispered.

"Then it's okay," I said. "I don't mind." I assured her.

We stayed quiet once more, hindi na sya nagsalita and so am I. Until we reached the grade 9 building she didn't dare to utter another word. When we got to the door she handed me my stuff with a smile.

"Bye miss, take care always." She smiled.

"Sure thing, go back now. And tell them I asked you a favour that's why you were late." I winked before entering the classroom. And before closing the door I can see her cheeks slowly turning red.

:)