10

Finally, the construction of Ms. Gonzales's house started.

We had to arrange a few things so not a day passes by that I don't see the couple together. But at this point, I'm used to it na. I'm not affected by their presence anymore. And everything went back to normal as well sa work.

Jia has already left, and everything went back to normal again. Busy nanaman kaming lahat.

I guess all I need to do was to get used to it.

Today was the official start of construction for their house, that's why I wore a simple white shirt and denim pants. My hair is also tied using a clam, I also packed my lunch since I figured it would be hassle if I'll go outside to eat. I grab my bag and Immediately head to the site.

I didn't bother going to the company anymore, wala narin naman akong gagawin for today aside from that site. So pwede akong mag-early leave for today.

When I got there, they've already made progress. I walked around for quite some time as I look at the blueprint and the final design. Gabriel's also here, who's currently helping the workers as well.

"Engineer," I greet.

"Oh, Architect. Aga mo ah." He teased.

"It's not in my vocabulary to be late, Engineer." I repeated the same exact words I'd say to him.

"Nasan na si miss sungit?" He asked, refering to Jia.

"Bumalik na sa States," I simply said, which left a sad expression on his face.

Well, I can't blame him though. Over the past weeks na dinadala ko si Jia sa firm, the two have bonded pretty well.

To be honest, I think he fell for Jia.

"Miss ko na yung pag mamasungit non," he whispered.

I chuckle. "You can contact her naman, but don't expect too much. She rarely replies to any of our messages, unless she's going home." I said.

He just shook his head and went back to work, ganon rin ako. I monitor every step they're making inorder to avoid any incidents in the future.

That's how it works, we need to build a strong foundation. Stronger than our relationship.So that this house will protect her, them. Their kids, themselves. Their future.

I shook my thoughts, thoughts that comes back every now and then but also goes away as soon as I shook them away.

When lunch came, Ms. Gonzales came with food for the workers. Which is why we set up a table wherein we can lay the food she brought for the workers and so that we can all eat as a whole.

"Guys, let's pray muna." She said, stopping the workers who were just about to get food.

"Uy, magdasal muna raw." Gabriel said.

"Ara, can you lead the prayer?" Miss Ysabelle asked, glancing at me.

Deep down, I want to oppress her request. I looked at gab who's suppressing his chuckles. I look back at miss Ysa and she smiles at me, urging me to start.

"Let us all remember that we are in the most holy presence of the lord. Altogether we say..." I begin.

I prayed the prayer that we used to pray at school, since sobrang biglaan and wala naman akong maisip na prayer dahil at this time umuurong ang katalinuhan ko sa mabilisang pag come up ng sentences.

After that prayer the workers Immediately digged in, meanwhile me on the other hand I brought my food out and ate in my car. Avoiding her presence as usual. Once I'm done, I quickly use the restroom they have to brush my teeth. As soon as I finished I could hear chattering of the workers. Including Gab.

"Hindi nyo pa ba binibili?" Gab asked one of the worker.

"Hindi pa po boss eh, gutom na po kami kasi." The worker said.

"Ano yon?" I intrude.

"May kulang po kase sa materials, kaya naman po syang bilhin sa hardware kaso hindi pa po namin nagagawa kase kumakain pa po kami." The worker explained.

"Oh, ano ba yon? I'll buy it nalang." I offered.

"Eto po," the worker hands me a list of things needed.

"Oh, Ara have you eaten?" Ms Ysa asked this time.

"Oh yes miss, I'll just quickly head to the hardware. I need to buy some materials." I said, excusing myself.

"Okay, let's go." She said, making me pause.

"Miss-"

"Ara where will you get the money? C'mon, let's not waste time." She said, grabbing me by the wrist and making our way to the car.

Well, she has a point so hindi na ako nakatanggi ron. She opened the door to the shotgun seat and sat there, buckling her seatbelt.

We head to the nearest hardware and purchased the things on the list, luckily, they have the stuff we need.

"Ara," Miss called

I turn around and she handed me the money for the materials, I gladly took it and payed for the stuff we brought. After that we quickly head to the site.

"How long will it take for that house to be built?" She suddenly asked as we head back to the site.

"Depends on how fast and polished the workers work." I said.

"Give me an estimated date," she said.

"Six months, why? In a rush to get married?" I said, sarcastically.

"No, just wondering how much time do we have left." She said.

I pretend I didn't hear that, I dismiss my thoughts and continue driving.

"Why are you avoiding me? Is there something wrong?" She asked again.

"No miss," I said, dismissing the topic.

"Ara," she calls.

"Hmm?" I hum in response.

"Ara," she calls again.

I stopped the car and looked at her. "What?" I calmly said even though I'm slowly getting pissed.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, Miss." I said. "Now, would you mind if I continue driving?" I asked politely.

After a while, she finally answers. "No,"

"Pardon?" I asked in confusion.

"No, Ara. We are not leaving until you tell me what's wrong." She said, piercing her eyes onto mine.

"Miss-"

"There's something bothering you Ara. I know it. So please..." She said before cupping my cheeks.

"What's wrong honey?"

:)