6

The following days I had to make up for the frequent absence in the office, I had to do site visits, meetings with my other projects, and many other stuff as the head of the architecture department. Wala narin akong balita kay miss, I had already notified his fiancee that I'm ready with the designs but I haven't heard anything from the two.

Ewan ko, pero I'm kind of hoping they do reply from that email.

Gab and I also have been working together side by side since lagi kaming magkasanga sa lahat ng projects. It's almost as if one wouldn't be complete without the other.

"Ginawa nyo nang trip to Jerusalem 'yang hagdanan na yan ah, plano nyo bang patayin ang kung sino mang magakyat-panaog dyan?" Mapangasar ngunit naiinis na tanong ni Gab sa mga construction workers dahil mali ang kanilang gawa.

Here I am trying to suppress my laughter, whenever construction workers mess up I don't need to waste my energy to teach or get angry at them, Gabriel already does that for me. He may be playful and always jokes around, but when It comes to work. He's dead serious, just like me. We take our works seriously, that's how we value it.

We gave the construction workers a list of the things that needs improvement, actually, It was me who made that list para mas mapadali ang mga buhay nila. I didn't want to get angry at them anymore since Gab's anger is already enough.

"Just next time, do your job well okay? Huwag nyong masyadong dibdibin yung mga sinasabi ni Engineer. Alam nyo naman yon." I said to console them.

"Opo, maraming salamat po Architect." Marvin, one our workers smiled and took the list along side the food we ordered for them. After that I went to Gabriel who's now calming himself by drinking a glass of water.

"Oh, kalma. Masyado naman mainit ang ulo mo, Engineer." I tease.

"Kase, hindi nila ayusin. Pag hindi ako magagalit, hindi nila seseryosohin ang trabaho." He said, defending his actions earlier.

I understand him naman, we may be friendly and approachable at first but when It comes to work hindi kami nadadaan sa tawa. When it comes to work, we need to show one-step authority towards our employees so that they know that we are still someone to respect aside from the mutual one that we have.

After that site visit, we attended a meeting para sa isang residential building na naka assign saamin. The one Daniel and I presented to Gabriel the other day. When we arrived at the meeting, Daniel's already sitting and waiting for the two of us. Gabriel sat at his chair which is to my left and I sat next to him with Daniel on my right.

The meeting was already halfway through when we arrived, na-late lang talaga kami kase ang layo ng site na pinuntahan namin sa company. But they managed to give us a recap of what happened when we weren't there. Recommendations here and there, revisions left and right. Gab confidently walked and briefed the room of those things, along side the possible changes and alternatives.

When the meeting was over, we decided to leave the company again and grab lunch. The same restaurant where Ms Gonzales and I met.

I ordered the same food like last time and Gabriel did so too, while waiting a familiar lady enters the restaurant. Immediately making my brows arch.

"Ms Gonzales," I whispered.

"Huh?" Gabriel asked, confused.

"The girl who's in a short sleeve dress that's above her knee na may deep v neck line. Na may denim jacket." I describe her outfit as Gabriel tries to look for her.

"Oh? Ano naman?" Naguguluhang tanong nya.

"Client, the one with the theater." I said.

She glances the place around, once she spotted us she stares at me and doesn't say anything. She then looks at Gabriel and doesn't say anything as well.

"Sure ka? Bat parang hindi ka kilala?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Gab.

I just shrugged, I grab my phone and proceed to scroll while waiting.

Suddenly a notif pops up.

ysagonzales_: here pa huh?

My brows scrunch Immediately as I typed my response.

sayonara_:??

She on the other hand quickly types in hers.

ysagonzales_: having lunch with your bf?

How many times do I have to tell her that Gabriel isn't my boyfriend??

sayonara_: miss, for goodness sake Gabriel isn't my boyfriend. You can even ask him to confirm.

ysagonzales_: I've been there honey, It can distract you from your work you know.

That made me explode.

sayonara_: with all due respect, miss. He's not my boyfriend. And I understand your concern, however you've known me since you last handled me. I've never been distracted. I know how to balance things. And please? Stop acting like you care.

I grab my things and asked Gabriel to cancel our order and to drive me to my condo nalang since wala na akong ganang kumain pa. I shot a glare towards Ms. Amurao as I close the door. Gabriel didn't say anything as he knows that I rarely do that unless I need to, he was quiet for the whole ride and so was I. When I arrived at my condo, I quickly took a shower to easen my anger. I changed to a navy blue hoodie and sweat pants, then as I was about to order something. I heard the door bell ring.

I gaze out and a familiar women stands Infront of the door, pacing back and forth as she looks concerned.

When I opened the door, a hint of relief flashed her eyes. She drops the bag she's holding and ran to me, hugging me.

"I'm sorry." She uttered those words that makes my heart melt instantly.

:)