34

I dismissed whatever leone said to me earlier, about Miss coming to me if hindi ako umuwi sa kanya. Pftt, as if, she doesn't even know where I am. She'll have a hard time looking for me here, I don't even use my real name anymore. Goodluck nalang sa'yo Gonzales.

I went back to the library and continued working there para hindi ko nanaman maisip ang mga sinabi saakin ni Leone kanina, yun na ang nakasanayan ko, ang takbuhan ang aking mga problema dahil hindi pa'ko handa para harapin ito.

However running away from your problems is a race you'll never win.

"Sol!" "Ace!"

Our store owner greeted, we Immediately pause what we were doing and greeted him.

"How's the store?" He asked.

"Still good as ever." Ace respond.

"What brings you here?" I asked Mr. Dizon, sya kase ang may-ari ng Library na pinag tatrabahuhan namin rito.

"I was going through my old stuff earlier this morning, and I found something for the both of you." He said, then brought out something for the both of us. He gave Ace a book light, he's really fond of reading na kahit gabi ay nagbabasa sya, me on the hand received a blank journal.

"Sol," he smiled. "That's for you, for you to write your thoughts."

"Hm?" I asked in confusion.

"Every time I saw you work, either your staring at a blank wall or working non-stop. As if working was your way to get rid of those thoughts in your brain, and so, I decided to give you that." He explained.

Natawa naman ako sa sinabi nya, I thanked him for the gift. Hindi na sya nagtagal sa library dahil matanda na din sya at kailangan narin nyang umuwi para makapag pahinga.

"What will you write?" He asked.

"Dunno." I gave him a boring gaze, wala na kasing tao na bumibisita dito sa library dahil hapon na. Palubog nadin ang araw kaya we have all the time right now. Tinatapos lang namin ang aming shift.

Sya lang naman ang laman ng utak ko, and even if I write her name a million times that won't make her go away.

Ending wala akong nasulat hanggang sa matapos ang shift namin, nangmagagabi na nagpaalam na'ko kay Ace dahil kinakailangan ko nang umuwi saamin.

"Oh, san kayo pupunta?" Tanong ko nang mapansin na halos lahat sila ay naka bihis.

"Bar, sama ka?" Jeninah asked.

Ending tumango nalang din ako para tuluyan ko nang makalimutan ang mga iniisip ko, biyernes naman ngayon kaya pwede kaming uminom dahil wala na'kong trabaho bukas, sila Jasmine at Jeninah naman ay off-duty.

Naka white shirt lang ako and sweatpants, I'm also wearing a cap para hindi ako mamukhaan ng kahit sino. Even though I already have a new identity, it's still better to take precaution kase anyone can recognize me at anytime. Kaya pagdating sa mga social events katulad neto I'd try my best to remain unnoticed.

Jasmine and Jeninah started drinking right away, hindi namin kasama si Viele ngayon dahil hindi naman sya fond sa mga ganitong events. Jasmine and Jeninah are having fun already samantalang ako ay nasa bar lang as I watch them from afar.

As time passes by I didn't bother taking my eyes off the two, oo, malayo ako sa kanila but I can still see them even when the lights are flickering dagdag mo pa ang iba't ibang kulay ng ilaw dito.

Kaso, something caught my eye, rather someone did.And for the first time ever since I step foot here, I decided to go to the dance floor and see who it is.

Normally when I'd spot someone familiar to me I'd avoid their presence para hindi nila ako makilala, but this time my feet is doing quite the opposite. As if I didn't care if they'll recognize me.

I followed her direction and saw that they went to the ladies room, I slowly opened each and everyone until I found what I was looking for.

What the heck??

What on earth is she doing here??

So totoo nga yung sinasabi ni Leone, na if I don't come home sya na mismo ang maghahanap saakin? But how the hell did she find me?

I shook my head and decided to help her, she's currently vomiting siguro sa dami ng ininom nya. I helped her with her hair para di nya ito masukahan, inabot ko din sa kanya ang tissue para mapunasan nya ang kanyang bibig at tubig para makapag mumog sya.

"Thank you," she smiled, she clearly doesn't recognize me. She's probably too drunk to recognize it's me.

Good, let's keep it that way.

I helped her outside the restroom, still not uttering a single word, pumunta naman sya sa dance floor at nagsimulang magsayaw ulit. Samantalang ako I just stood there, not moving, not dancing, just watching her like a damn idiot.

Hell, I should be watching my friends. But here am I, watching her after three years have passed. I noticed a lot of changes in her, if dati layered pa ang buhok nya nung kami pa now her hair is shorter and straight. Her natural hair colour is flaunting as well, kung dati she'd dye her hair kase bawal coloured hair saamin ngayon she doesn't mind.

She looks, happy. There's something different about her smile today, it's different from the ones I used to get.

I just shook my head with my thoughts, I looked at my watch and noticed na it's getting late. I need to find Jasmine and Jeninah. But I can't help but wonder what will I do to her?

My instincts tell me that I can't leave her alone here, at baka kung anong mangyari sa kanya. Baka makahanap sya ng ibang asawa, syempre bawal yon.

Hahabulin pa kita, huwag ka muna humanap ng bago.

I decided to take her outside the bar, syempre may protesta sya don. Hindi parin ako nagsasalita kaya sobrang nagtataka sya ngayon sa mga nangyayari.

"For your Information I have a girlfriend, and I'm sure once she finds me, she'll attack you!" She said, threatening me.

I find myself chucking at her words.

"Oh really? And who's this girlfriend of yours?" I asked. Knowing she's way to drunk to even recognize what's happening.

"My girlfriend?" She smiled. "She's beautiful, inside and out. She's this kind human being, however the world is so cruel because they kept on putting her through the worst situations. Which leaves her being broken, and fragile." She described. "And now, she's currently healing, somewhere."

"If that's the case you don't have a girlfriend, Miss." I teased her.

"I do!" She yelled. "I have a girlfriend!" She yelled, holding back her tears.

And ladies and gentlemen umiyak na nga sya.

:)