20

We decided to stay over para makapag dinner kami at my tita's place, sabay sabay na kaming umalis at nag convoy nalang papunta sa bahay nya. When we got there, wala parin nag bago. It's still the same house na kung saan lumaki ako, na ka experience ng pagmamahal kahit wala ang mga magulang ko. The house filled with so much memories.

It's Ysa's first time being here, kaya pati sya ay manghang-mangha sa interior and structure neto. Tita really played with the designs on her house, she said she wants to do something she doesn't get to do on other people's houses. Tita's also specialized in Urban designing, pero magaling rin sya sa interior. Kaya kaya nyang tumanggap ng kahit anong project, whether a house or a building.

"Melinda." Tita called one of our maids.

"Oh, apo!" Tawag nya nang makita ako.

I ran towards her and hugged her, it's been a while since I visited this place and saw her. She's one of the people who also accompanied me growing up, everytime wala si tita, she became my mom. And she had thought me things na hinding-hindi ko malilimutan.

"Nay, girlfriend ko po." Pakilala ko sa babaeng nasa tabi ko na kanina pa walang imik.

"Hello po," nahihiyang bati nya.

"Ay kagandang babae naman oh! Ang galing mo talaga pumili Ara." Asar nya saakin.

"Syempre nay, ako lang to." Biro ko, dahilan para hampasin nya ako ng mahina.

"Mag handa kayo ng pagkain, may isang demonyo at isang anghel tayong papakainin." Tita ordered, making us chuckle at the names.

Nay linda went to the kitchen and started preparing alongside the other maids, meanwhile tita went straight to her room and I decided to give Ysa a tour of the house muna.

"Oh and this is my room." I opened the doors.

It's still the same, kung paano ko to iniwan, ganon parin sya. Lavanders will welcome you as soon as you enter, my lilac sheets and white pillows are still there on their positions. Stuff toys as well are still there and arranged just how I would to them before. Pati ung mesa ko, lahat ng mga drawings, at kung ano anong mga pinagagagawa ko nung bata ay nandun parin.

"Wow, you really impersonated your surname huh?" She joked.

"Is it okay? Aren't you allergic to scents like these?" I asked.

"No love, I've gotten used to it." She smirked.

I smiled and we fully entered the room, I sat on my bed to avoid the sheets being ruined and crinkled. Ysa on the other hand sits on my chair while she takes a good look at the room.

"Tell me a good memory in this room." She said after a while.

"I used to have a cat named Lavender, also known as Lav and she broke my tita's favourite vase. And so I told tita that I broke it, even though it really wasn't me. Afraid that Lav might get punished just like how my grandparents used to do to me. I was grounded, and when tita found out, she went to my room with my favourite food and ice cream to apologize." I laughed upon remembering.

"You used to live with your grandparents?" She asked.

"Yeah, but they treated me so harshly. That's why I was passed to tita." I told her.

"Love..." She softly called.

"It's okay, they hated me alot. I guess nasanay nalang ako over time. And, there's no need to hold grudges pa. They're already in paradise- ay- di natin sure." I joked, making her laugh.

"You can't really plant grudges on anyone can you?" She asked.

"Forgive but never forget." I chuckled.

We chatted for a while here, mostly reminiscing through my childhood though most of them were painful. But like I said, I never plant any anger nor grudges to someone. I guess with time it fades away. When tita called us, we came down and started eating. Mostly lahat ng mga paborito ko ang nasa hapagkainan, adobo, siomai, and many more. And I'm glad to be eating this with her.

When we finished we departed our ways with tita since need to go home na, but before we could do that we decided to go the place I used to be all the time. It's still inside the premises of the subdivision so when I wanted fresh air or some time off, I'd usually go there. It's a play ground, one wherein there aren't many children who would play. There are two play grounds in this subdivision, however the other one isn't the type for children to play to. That's where I stay the most.

Naging hobby ko rin ang panonood ng sunset rito, at tuwing na bobored ako sa bahay ay dito ako palagi natatagpuan nila tita at nanay.

"So, why did you take me here?" Ysa asked as we walk towards it.

"Well, I figured out since we're reminiscing my childhood earlier. Lubos lubusin na natin." I chuckled.

"A playground?" She asked.

"Yup, but this isn't the type for children to play to." I said, making her brows scrunch.

"But why would you be in a playground where in it has no kids? Isn't that the purpose of the playground?" She questions.

"That's exactly why I love this play ground, no children, no noise. All mine." I explained, making her nod.

We sat on it and watched the stars, in which I found myself smiling.

I can't recall the last time I watched the stars with a smile, but I guess it's good now because at this point the stars are probably tired seeing that crying girl who's tired of everything. Like I said, stars brought me comfort while the sunset used to bring me pain. Because sunset reminds me of her, that's why during those years I had preferred the stars. Because they have been there for me, everytime I cry, they're there. As if they're comforting me in their own unique way.

"I love this day." The lady beside me said.

"And why is that so?" I asked.

"Well, it's your first day at the firm. And I got to meet your tita after a long time, and I got to know alot more about you today." She smiled.

Well that's true, back then we rarely have time to talk about these things. Time has always been in between us and it's also one of the main reasons why we broke up. But now, it's on our side. It slowed down for us, allowing us to explore and savour the time we have.

But I was wrong, time doesn't stop for anyone, nor for us.

:)