Chapter 21

Alex's POV:

"Sir, you don't have to do those things. Because I can take care of myself." he said shyly as he looked at the food served on the table.

I do it almost every day. We always have lunch together. Not in the dining room but here in my office. Because I found out from his friends that he doesn't eat on time. That's why he's thin. He is also pale.

"No. Sit there and let's eat. I'm hungry." I order him.

"B-but ...."

"No buts. And I told you several times that it will not be deducted from your salary and you will not be fired. I'm the boss here so I can decide who I want and don't want to fired." I said.

"But sir, it's not lunch time yet, there are still many customers outside. My co-workers needs me." He never runs out of excuses. 

"I know. But they will obey my orders more because I am their boss. And they can't do anything because I ordered it. Even if I say that they need to serve you, they will. And they can't do anything about it. What do you want? we will eat outside where you can see them working while you eat, or here where you can eat freely. You can choose between the two." I said and I know he is ashamed but he can't do anything.

He sat down and smiled at me. "Let's eat sir." And he scooped up some rice and dish. I smiled as I looked at him. I also scooped up food and ate.

We ate in silence. I was only looking at him,  he was eating and focused only on his food.
he really looks like Nathan. But it is impossible that he is related because his father is only son and so is his mother. And now I can't find him no matter what investigation I do. Does he really hate me that much to hide? But it's also my fault because I myself pushed him to stay away from me so I deserve it.

"Is there a problem sir?" He asked me suddenly.

"H-Huh?" I immediately came back to reality.

"You haven't touched your food. You also stared at me for a long time. Do you want to say something?" He said while chewing. I squeezed his cheek and he held it.

"Ouch! Sir!" And he snorted.

"You're so cute. do you have relatives?" I suddenly asked. "Like, cousin, brother? Something like that."

"Why sir?" He still can't look at me.

"I only remember someone when I see you. Do you know anyone Nathan Viceral?" suddenly he spewed water. So I immediately handed him a tissue which he immediately took and wiped his clothes and around his lips. "Are you okay?" I said immediately.

"I-i'm O-okay sir. *cough* why did you ask?"

"You look like him. He is my boyfriend since we were kids." He didn't speak and just nodded. Why does he seem to cry?

"Y-your e-ex sir?" He stuttered. I smiled at the same time. All my memories with him flashback to me again.

"Your smile is beautiful sir, maybe wherever he is, he misses you so much too." I immediately looked at him. Why did the Natasha in front of me suddenly change? "He loves you very much sir. Even if you are far from each other. That will not change." He immediately stood up and took our empty plates.

"I'm leaving sir, thank you for your free lunch again." And he bowed and then left my office. I was shocked Suddenly. Suddenly something throbbed in my heart. Does he know Nathan? Why did he say that? Does he know anything about what happened to before? He didn't even ask a question.

--------

"Sir! You don't have to do that. I can go home alone. I know you are busy. I am not your responsibility." There he is again with his denials. His shift is over and he's going home. I really meant to send him home early, I just told Clarisse that the resto would close early Supposedly because if I told him That he needs to go home early to rest he certainly won't let him go home.