Chapter 44

Alex's POV:

I woke up late and reached out for the side of the bed, but there was no one there. Natasha was not there. That's when, what happened last night came flooding back to me. So i quickly got up and checked the crib, but Nash wasn't there either. So, I hurriedly went out of the room and down to the living room. The maids greeted me, but I ignored them and went to the kitchen, but they weren't there. They've all probably in office now.

"Where's Natasha?" I asked one of our maids.

"He's in the garden with Sir Nash, sir." I quickly headed to the garden and found them there.

I approached Nash who was starting to crawl on the grass. When he saw me, he happily crawled towards me. I immediately carried him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Good morning my baby little angel. What are you doing?" He baby-talked and kissed me on my cheek, leaving drool on it.

I looked at Natasha who was just sitting on the grass with a picnic mat under him. He glanced at me but quickly looked away. I His eyes are swollen And I know that I was the reason of that. I approached him and sat down. I put Nash down and made sure he was safe.

"B-babe... I'm sor....."

"Did you already eat?" I was surprised by what he said. It was not what I expected him to say. I know he's angry at me for the hurtful things I said to him last night.

I shook my head and he nodded. And suddenly our maid arrived with a plate. She placed it in front of us. I didn't notice that there was a basket next to Natasha filled with food. He put food on my plate and poured juice into my glass.

"You should eat," she said softly. "Sorry, I didn't wake you up and prepare you what to wear when you go to work. I also woke up late." He added.

I nodded and started to eat. I just kept looking at him while he didn't take his eyes off to our child who was now chasing after a cat, I didn't know where it came from.

"Where did the cat come from?" I asked.

"It's from Cei's cat, he gave birth recently and when before I asked, I made sure that no one here has allergies. So he's free to roam around. And now, he's Nash's favorite toy," he said. I nodded. "Do you want more?" He asked, and added more food to my plate.

"How about you? Have you eaten?" He nodded. We both smiled as we watched Nash, who was now hugging the cat.

After I finished eating, he stood up and took Nash. He talked to our son and he didn't mind me. They went straight inside, so I called the maid to clean up outside and followed them upstairs.

When I entered, hee was sitting on the  couch while he was breastfeeding to Nash. He just looked at me without expression. I approached him and sat beside him.

I leaned his head on my chest and wrapped my arms around him. He still didn't say anything and just looked at Nash who was falling asleep.

"Babe?" I said. "I'm Sorry." He just looked at me and smiled.

"Shhh. Don't be speak. Your son is sleeping," he said, so I just kept quiet. After he made sure that he was asleep, he stood up and put him in his crib. He was about to leave but I stopped him.

"Babe? Can we talk?" I said.

"We are talking now," he replied.

"That's not what I mean. I mean about last night."

"Don't worry, you're not at fault. Your feelings are valid. Your wife is flirtatious so you have the right to feel that way. I'm not mad at you if that's what you're worried about." he said.

"Babe, I didn't mean to say those things and that I was just carried away by my emotions. I'm sorry to all those things. I was wrong. I admit." I said. I held his hand and he looked at it and let go.

"Whether you were carried away or not, you should think carefully about what you say. Don't worry. I'll do anything you want. Even if you lock me up in this room, I'll do it. Remember, we had a contract," he said.

"Babe, it's not like that. I love you. And I mean it." I said.

"I love you too. But I don't know now." He removed his hand from my grip and completely left the room.

I just sat down and put my hands on my face. I I left our room and looked for Peter, but the maids said he left last night. I had a lot of work to do, but I wasn't thinking about it. I was thinking of ways to make things okay between me and my wife.

It was already noon, but he still hadn't come down. Nash was already crying, so I took care of him. I put him to sleep right away, so I thought of a way to get him to come down.

I went to the kitchen and cooked. I didn't know how to cook. And I hope mama Type doesn't scold me if I burn his kitchen.

After I finished cooking, I quickly arranged everything on the table and went upstairs to call him. I went to the guest room and went inside. I saw him, freshly showered.

He just looked at me and was about to turn around when I hugged his waist.

" My wife is smelled good." I said, "Let's eat. I cooked downstairs." He just looked at me in disbelief. He nodded and was about to leave, but I lifted him up bridal style. He just held onto my neck without saying anything.

When we arrived at the dining table, I immediately helped him to sit on his chair. He was quiet and just looked at the food I cooked. I scratched my head. He took some pasta and ate it. I sat in front of him and watched his reaction as he ate my cooking.

"Is it delicious?" I awkwardly asked. He looked at me and smiled.

"It's delicious. Did you cook all of this?" I nodded. He took some adobo, which Mama Type taught me how to cook, and it seemed like he enjoyed it as he ate it with rice. "Why haven't you eaten yet?" He asked me.

So I quickly got some food. We ate quietly, and suddenly he spoke up. "Why didn't you tell me that you're already a CEO?" I put down my spoon and nervously looked at him.

"It's okay. Who am I for you to always inform me about everything you do in life? After all, I'm just your fake wife." he said, and he continued eating.