3

I saw Linnea yesterday

I had just gotten done with therapy at 8 and then drove home, it is a long drive.

When I saw her she didn't even say anything to me she just looked at me and walked away.

That hurt, a lot.

I don't understand, okay I do. I deserve it. I deserve to be hurt.

Something horrible happened, just after we applied to the U Not even 2 weeks later I got the visit I dreaded most in this world.

The visit that shattered my whole. Entire. World.

After the incident I was broken, broken beyond repair.

There was nobody who could put the pieces back together the pain was almost unbearable.

A world that was once full of happiness, love, and hope became one of sadness, grief, and despair.

Like a switch, my life turned off and I started to run on auto-pilot waiting for a crash to happen so then maybe, just maybe the pain could end.

Then once college started I knew even though it was hard I had to go.

And plus I would have Linnea by my side. Or so I thought.

I tried, I really tried to stay strong and happy for her. I was the light she needed in her life. But I wasn't strong enough, I knew I wasn't, I became cold, sad and I did not want Linnea to be around me like that.

I didn't want to drag her down or make her world dark. She deserves all the light the world has to offer.

So I distanced myself, and it was the biggest choice I regret making but I know why I did it so hopefully I can find a way to live with myself for it.

It would be selfish of me to drop all of my feelings and pain onto her she doesn't  need to hear all of that.

It's been 3 years. Since the incident. Ever since I became a dark cloud, but even just thinking about Linnea brings some joy back into my life. I'm better though now. I went to therapy ever since it happened and now recently I've been feeling really good.

Me 2-3 years ago wouldn't leave his room, he only left the room for school, groceries, and basketball practice that's it.

Now I'm back in basketball better than ever.

I lost love for the sport after the incident but my dad convinced me to stick with it. So I did, I just want them to be proud of me.