4

I jolt awake to the raging sound of my alarm clock

Maybe if I just don't show up, Coach won't notice. Yeah maybe if I wasn't one of the captions he wouldn't notice I scoffed to myself.

Using all the energy in me I roll over onto my side to reach the alarm clock to shut it up, after struggling due to being sore from practice I finally reach the alarm clock which reads 8am.

I stroll into the bathroom for my morning routine that consists of the following

1. Brush my teeth ( can't have that stinky breath)

2. Wash my face (a dirty face is for the weak)

3. Moisturizer( dry skin is also for the weak)

4. Brush my hair (the only rats nest that should be here is in the tree out back)

5. Get dressed ( would love to show all this off but also love not being in jail)

And that pretty much sums it up, it's a spoken/unspoken rule in the house that I cook breakfast and dinner most nights since I'm pretty much the only one who knows how to turn the stove on.

It's game day, I'm nervous and excited. It's one of the first games of the season and I cannot wait.

It starts at 6 but we have to be there at 2 for team lunch and warm-ups. I change into some gray sweats and a black shirt and put on some Nike socks.

I make my way to the kitchen to get started on breakfast.

I start with the pancakes, I make 3 chocolate chip ones for Dayton because i know he likes those. Ty on the other hand likes blueberry so I make those as well.

As for me, I'm a simple man. I like my pancakes plain. With syrup though of course, if you eat dry pancakes just respectfully stay away from me.

I  crack eggs in a bowl add cheese seasoning and mix it all up then fry it.

As I'm about halfway done I hear loud footsteps through the house so I know someone else must be awake, and I guessed it Tyler walks in looking rough.

His hair is messy, eye bags, nasty clothes and all. "What time did you go to bed Ty?" I chuckle. He pulls out the stool at the island and takes a seat.

He replies with some unrecognizable mumbles and rests his head on the counter dozing off.

I continue what I'm doing just as I'm finishing up when Dayton walks in, he's ready to go unlike Tyler over here.