30

"Linnea come on

"Linnea come on." Warrens is somehow  pretty calm on the outside about the whole situation but I know he's dying on the inside.

He opens up the passenger door and I step out immediately walking toward the emergency room entrance.

The lady at the front immediately points her finger to the "waiting room" sign and I want to rip all my hair out.

I force myself to sit in the hospital chair to keep from pacing the waiting room. I know Maeve was awake but what if she passes out then complications come up? What if we lose both of them at once?

My knee bounces up and down and I fidget with my ponytail on my wrist.

Then suddenly I stopped. I blankly stare at the hospital floor which probably has the ugliest carpet pattern I've seen.

I stare. I stop fidgeting. Stop moving. I just stopped.

My eyes burn for what feels like the thousandth time tonight. Warren wraps his arm around my shoulder and I lean into his touch. "I love you." I whisper.

Damnit. This can't be the time I confess my love to him, that's not fair.

What is wrong with me?

"Hm?" He snaps out of his thoughts.

"I hope they will be okay." He kisses the top of my head and rubs my shoulder.

"They'll be okay."

"Naomi, no!" Drunk Naomi is a handful.

"But Dayton". She whines slapping his ass.

She stumbles into the waiting room with Dayton keeping her steady.

He looks tired.

Cries. I hear her cries all over again from earlier. Screams for Tyler to wake up. The blood. So much blood.

I quickly stand up walk into a random hallway and slowly slide down the wall breaking down. I can't take this.

The gurneys click and clack throughout the ER and the beeping of machines sounds but all I can hear is her screams and cries.

All I can see is the blood and the broken glass.

I don't even notice that Warren has come over to me and is just simply sitting with me. His eyes were red as well with a few tears down his face. We don't say a word. We just sit in silence hoping for the best.

"Family of Maeve Jones and Tyler Ficher?" A nurse in blue scrubs looks up from her clipboard looking around the open room. Dayton leaps up walking over to the nurse.

"Maeve. Uh- Maeve is my sister. Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay. Please." His voice is cracking uncontrollably.

The automatic doors open once more and this time Mrs Fisher and Oliver stand. Oliver looks like the sweet confused little boy he is and Mrs fisher looks like she might break any second.

I slowly try to stand but Warren holds me back whispering in my ear to just stay and wait.

Mrs Fisher walks up to the reception desk and is met with the same response we got. A simple point to the waiting room.

Our eyes meet and I instantly stand up walking over to her and hugging her without saying a word.

I move away from her and hug Oliver as well.

"Do you two need anything?" Warren appears next to me. 

"No thank you, baby, we are alright. You kids let me know if you need money for food or anything. This is going to be a long night." Her voice is quiet and slow.

"They keep telling me to fucking wait. They call their names like they know shit then tell me to wait some more." Dayton walks over to us still standing with Naomi tucked under him arm. He runs his free hand through his hair in frustration.

All we can do is wait.
......

All we can do is wait

Predictions?

Suggestion?

Ideas?

Things you'd like to see happen?

BYE MWUAH