41

" Dayton! How many times do we have to say it, passé is here

" Dayton! How many times do we have to say it, passé is here." Linnea brings her foot up to passé settled next to her knee. "Not here." She drops it down to her ankle.

"Well, Warren can only do a spin once." He points at me. Brat. "Now me on the other hand, I can do 3." He flicks imaginary hair over his shoulder.

This is probably the hardest thing I've done, basketball is a cakewalk compared to this.

Dayton, Ty, Caden, Willow, and I stand here as confused as ever but Dayton seems to get the hang of it.

"Alright let's go back to leaps!" Maeve announces.

I try my best as I run across the studio floor jumping in the air and trying to get my legs into a split but I fail miserably.

I look to see Linnea trying to hide her laugh at my treacherous leap.

I probably looked like a flying squirrel.

Everyone else's leaps look okay to pretty good and mine looks like shit. "Does anyone need help with their leaps?" Naomi questions us all and everybody points their fingers at me.

"Oh come on! They weren't that bad."

"Shore."

"Whatever you say."

"O-kayyy."

"Here I'll help you." Linnea walks over to me as everybody else continues doing their thing.

"So first let's work on your prep." She demonstrates the prep for me. She steps, takes 3 or 4 runs then bends her legs and leaps effortlessly.

Yeah, no, I can't do that.

"Sunshine, you know I can't do that!" My voice comes out a bit higher probably because I'm scared shitless.

"It's okay Warren! Just try it okay here, look I'll do it slowly with you." We both take slow runs simultaneously and then keep practicing the leaps jumping motion.

"Did I do it?" I ask her excitedly to which she keeps her mouth closed smiling brightly holding two thumbs up.

My shoulders drop slightly.

"I'm just messing with you!" She wraps her arms around my neck giving me a hug. I immediately wrap my arms around her. "They looked perfect, me and you could do a ballet duet 100%" she giggles.

"That would be fun." I smile down at her. I would actually enjoy that, being able to participate in something she loves and is so passionate about.

"Good because the guy/girl dance is at one of your games and rehearsals start in 10 minutes." Her face goes blank as she says that.

"I am assuming you already signed me up?" I'm not upset at all, I think it's funny.

"And Dayton and Tyler!" She looks up at me all innocently.