28

Linnea can light up any room as we all know

The second she walks in everyone's mood lightens up.

That's how I felt when she walked into my garage at around 8 pm which was 3 hours ago.

She's sitting on a black crate just in front of us with Naomi and Maeve beside her.

Just like when we were kids.

She's pretty.

I will never get over how pretty she is.

I make sure not to falter on the lyrics I'm singing while Dayton bangs on the drums and Tyler plays the guitar.

There are arrays of flashing colorful lights throughout the garage with fairy lights hung up along the top of the wall connecting to the ceiling.

Linnea's idea.

I love her.

I know its too early but I think I've loved her ever since we were young.

I know it's going to be messy and hard but that's inevitable in relationships.

That's how you grow and learn.

The messy and the hard parts.

I believe in us though, although we haven't even started our relationship journey I know it's going to happen soon.

I know we were bound to fall for one another.

Ever since we were kids.

And I know that for a fact now, as I remember all the times as a kid she sat just like this in front of me while I sang songs which were all dedicated to her but she just didn't know it.

All the times we stared into each other's eyes. While I meant every word I sang to her.

I meant all of it. Every. Single. Word.

I think she knows I love her, I hope. I don't expect her to love me right now, that would be crazy but a guy can dream.

She's everything to me.

She really was my light in all the dark, corny I know.

Even when we weren't speaking to one another.

When I was stuck in that dark horrible hole just the thought of her kept me going.

I've loved her all along.

And I am willing to do whatever it takes to prove to her that I am worthy of her.

Of her kindness.

Her heart.

As we finish the song the girls stand up and clap like it was the best performance they've ever seen.

Linnea walks over to me and wraps her arms around my neck. I lean my head down and whisper in her ear. "I've got something to show you, meet me out back in 5?"