18

Remember when I said no one could ever convince me to ride the slingshot at a fair? Yeah well, that didn't last long

I scream at the top of my lungs to the point where I think I just busted a blood vessel.

I grip Warren's hand so hard I'm surprised he doesn't tell me to let go.

Oh my god. Oh god. I'm never making it back down to earth. I squeeze my eyes shut.

I'm going to kill him when I get back down to earth. If I do, that is.

"Open your eyes, Linnea!" I hear Warren shout over the loud wind blowing from pretty much every direction.

"NO!" I think I might pop his eardrums.

Now he's laughing. Fucking laughing while I'm over here fighting for my life out here.

I'm still screaming when Warren goes to say something else.

"Linnea? Linnea the rides over." He states matter of factly.

I open my eyes slightly not believing him then all the way once I see it really is over

Well, this is awkward.

The ride operator swings by looking like he was just dying of laughter. I don't blame him. I would be too if I got to witness stuff like this all day.

He unbuckles the safety straps and I go to stand up but my legs feel like they don't work.

I look up to try again and Warren's hand is out in front of me.

I grasp it and pull myself up using leverage from his hand.

I stumble down the stairs a bit.

"You little dimwit!" I punch his arm.

"What?" He throws his arm around my shoulder.

Naomi looks like she's about to pee herself as she's basically cackling leaning into Dayton and he looks like the happiest little lad in the world.

"Guys we have to go on the bumper cars!" Maeve suggests jumping up and down.

"Yeah for sure just give me like 5 minutes for my stomach to recover from that horrid thing" I point to the slingshot slightly leaning into Warren's side so I don't fall over.

After I finally recover we head over to the bumper cars and wait in line. Naomi is standing in front of Dayton leaning on him as he fiddles with the hair tie on her wrist.