17

.......

"Give me that back" I laugh, jumping over the console of the car toward Warren to recover my phone he just snatched out of my hand.

"What's the magic word" he dangles my phone in front of my face.

I go to grab it and he pulls it away quickly.

"Sonic."

"No."

"Hairdryer."

"No?" He questions.

"Raspberries?" I ask trying once more.

His eyes light up and he goes to hand me back my phone.

"No." He brings it back to him.

I groan leaning my head against the steering wheel.

"There was no word" he hands me my phone.

I shach it from his grasp.

"You still wanna go to the fair later tonight with the rest of the crew?" I pop open a bag of Doritos and pop one in my mouth.

He reaches his hands out and I place a few in his hands.

"Yeah, the fair is the best thing in town!" Someone's exited.

We sit there and eat Doritos in silence for about 5 minutes.

We had our conversation about a month ago.

I feel so much better now like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I'm still hurt by the things he said to me and they way it happened but in the long run for our sakes. I forgive him, but not forget.

The more and more we talk the more I realize how much I've missed this. How much I've missed him.

"Oh, I forgot to ask you can you help me study for the math exam coming up? We know math isn't my strong suit.

"Yeah of course just let me know when and where." He says.

"What are we supposed to do for the rest of the day?" I ask him.

The rest of us are busy with schoolwork and such but I'm all caught up aside from math, obviously.

"I'm good with whatever you wanna do." He glances at me and then back out the window.

I stop thinking for a second.

"We could go get pizza?" He offers.

I nod with a smile on my face as I put the car into drive and pull out of the driveway.

I hear Warren hum the lyrics to a taylor swift song and my face immediately lights up.

"Warren Reid a swifty!?" I practically yell.