37

"Do you like karaoke?" She asks from behind me

"Do you like karaoke?" She asks from behind me. I hear her footsteps coming up closer till I look and she pops up beside me.

Coach had me do captain's practice today.

I did not want to disappoint him so I went ahead and did it, plus I got to bully some rookies.

Let's just say they were scared shitless.

I'm not usually strict or mean to the team but rookies need some exposure to tougher coaching, the NBA and even later down the college ball road, they don't play around.

"No." It's true I don't, I've never really liked it.

"Oh, Okay." Damn it.

We're heading into a restaurant for dinner that happens to have karaoke.

"Ask me anyway." I reach for her hand, if she wants to do some karaoke then we will do some damn karaoke.

Anything for her.

These past few weeks with her have been the best of my life, I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

She does this cute thing when she's excited.

She gets jumpy and all giddy, I love it.

"Do you, Warren Reid, want to do karaoke with me?" She jogs ahead of me turning around to face me while walking backward pointing at herself.

"I guess," I say sarcastically as I grab her shoulder gently to turn her around before she runs into the light post in front of us.

"Okay let's go and hurry up then." She smiles brightly up at me rushing us inside the restaurant.

I slide into the booth across from Linnea. I don't know why but I would rather sit across from someone at restaurants than next to them.

Across from them it just makes it so much easier to talk and interact.

"Hello, my name is Mindy and I will be your server today! Can I get you anything to drink?" She asks, looking at me with a smile, I jump a little at her voice, damn she's loud.

"Sunshine?" I say as I look at the menu for the drinks.

"Oh um, could I get a Dr. Pepper please?" She asks sweetly, the waitress looks bored writing down her order, the fuck?

"And you?" She suddenly gets all happy facing back at me.

"What do you think I should get, baby?" Linnea and I hate pet names like babe and baby, I'm not sure what Mindy's intention is being rude to my girlfriend like this but I have to make it known I'm taken.

"Dr. Pepper." She smiles at Mindy. She loves her Dr. Pepper, I bet she just said that so she can drink mine too.

I wouldn't even be upset in the slightest. The waitress jots down the second drink, rolling her eyes slightly.