21

"So do you think I can get a second date?" He looks at me with a hopeful smile

"So do you think I can get a second date?" He looks at me with a hopeful smile. I shake my head slowly "No" and his smile drops as he walks out of the coffee shop stomping his feet like a little kid.

I wouldn't say I get asked out a lot, it's like a once-a-month thing.

I usually say no as I have no interest in dating or having a boyfriend.

I really only accepted his offer because I did not want to be mean and honestly one date couldn't hurt. I told him it probably would only be a one-time thing so if he's disappointed that's on him.

I'm still trying to figure out what I feel for Warren.

I like him but I don't.

He's one of my best friends and I don't want to ruin our friendship by that.

I cant help my self.

But the other part of me wonders if he likes me back in that way. I hope so.

I collect my things and go to leave the coffee shop with my purse in hand. I wave goodbye to the barista as I see her frequently and make my way out the door brushing my hair behind my ear.

It always gets in my face when I leave it down. It's horrible.

I look down at my shoes as I cross part of the parking lot then back up and my blood runs cold.

Teddy August.

My ex.

The one who cheated on me with my sister and then stayed with her after I found out.

The controlling prick.

Is standing right in front of me with his hands in his pockets with the stupidest grin I've ever seen.

"Hey, Princess."

"What do you want?" I begin to walk around him but he moves to block me.

"You." He holds my arm lightly.

"Yeah well if you really wanted me you would not have cheated on me with my sister, remember?" He's so incompetent honestly.

"I'm sorry okay, I know it's been a while but just take me back. Please" he begs with a hopeful smile.

"No." I sternly say moving around him once again walking to my car.