16

"We need to talk," I say into my phone

Walking back and forth around my room, pacing.

I need to hear Warren out. I need to know why, that's all I want. I want to know why.

I can't take it anymore.

"Uh-um. Yes. Do you want to meet somewhere or?" He asks.

"I don't know, I- just we need to talk," I say frantically.

For the past 3 years, I've been questioning myself as to why Warren decided to stop being friends with me. I've realized over time it wasn't my fault. That it was him but I still need to know why.

I can't go much longer without knowing.

I start breathing fast unable to control it, I place a hand on my chest as it starts to hurt.

"Linnea? Are you alright? Yes, we are going to talk. Can you take five deep breaths for me?" He says over the phone.

I breathe in. Then out. Then in. Then out. I repeat that process five times.

I've barely spoken to Warren the past 2 weeks and it's eating me alive knowing there is a reason behind his sudden actions 3 years ago.

Although before it even happened I knew something was going to happen, it still hurt more than I could ever know.

"Good, Very good. Is it okay if I come to your dorm, Linnea?" He asks in a soft calm voice.

It makes me feel better instantly.

"Yeah, that's fine," I say quietly, still trying to regulate my breathing.

"Okay, I will be there in 10 minutes. Do you want me to stay on the phone?" I hear him opening and closing a door.

"Yes" I say, way to quickly.

We don't speak for the whole ten minutes. Just feeling the presence of him there is nice. I've missed it for the past 3 years.

Having someone I've known since I was a baby to be able to tell anything and everything too.

Someone who could understand what I was trying to say just by the look I had in my eyes.

Someone who truly understood me.

But he ruined all of that.