35

The conversation

The conversation
......

"Before we talk about all of that, which believe me I've been waiting to talk about for months. Took you long enough to bring up. I need to say a few things."

I tell him resting my chin on my hands on the table looking at the delicious burger in front of me that I am about to devour.

I am so glad he brought all of this stuff up because I've been wanting to talk about it but just never even knew how to bring it up.

"So for starters." I take a big old bite of the burger. "You are one of the most important people in my life, but you already knew that." He looks shocked when I say that then the corner of his lips turns up.

He doesn't respond, probably anticipating my following answers.

"You also may or may not have noticed I've wanted to hear you say those words for like ever." He rolls his eyes.

"Linnea, please I can't wait any longer." I'm gonna mess with him a bit.

"I don't know though, what about Derek from my seminar class? I don't think he'd appreciate someone asking me to be their girlfriend." I don't know a Derek, but that's not the point.

"Linnea." Someone's getting grumpy. I hold my finger up in front of me taking another bite of my burger.

Yes, I want to be your girlfriend. "So, what are we wearing to the dance?"

That gets his attention. "You pick a dress and let me know the color of it so we can match." He looks like he's just won the lottery or something.

"Sunshine, can I be the one who gets to take you out on dates? The one you fall asleep and goes to Sonic any time of the day with you." He looks around at the table filled with food and we both start to laugh a little.

"I want to be with you. So much more than you could ever imagine. I love you, everything about you. Your humor, your compassion, and your love for others, you always protect those you love. You are truly amazing and the love of my life." I might cry.

"So, I ask again. Will you Linnea Johnson give me the very high honor of being your boyfriend?"

"I guess." I want to say I love him so badly, I hope he knows how much I love him.

I smile widely which he returns.

I kiss him and he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer.

Before we continue we hear someone clearing their throat.

I look back to see Shelly standing there with a "Really?" look on her face.

I look back at Warren still holding his face in my hands. "Fuck." He says under his breath. I rest my forehead on his shoulder dying of embarrassment.