23

"Reid!" I look over my shoulder to see Dayton jogging up to me with his bag slung over his shoulder

"Hey man, whats up?" I do our hand shake with a smile on my face. Even though we lost.

Yep, we lost. I mean we win some, we lose some. We just need to take away what we learned from this game and apply it to the next and move forward.

He does not have a smile on his face though, he's probably bummed about the game.

"Did Naomi or Linnea tell you what happened?" His tone is serious.

"Yeah, Naomi texted me saying Linnea was off and that her psycho ex came up to her and shoved her into the wall." I want to kill him. "Did she tell you the same?" I'm assuming she did.

"Yeah, she did." He says slowly. "So we going to go beat this fucker up?" He questions as we walk outside into the dark cold parking lot. I shove my hands in my pockets.

It's too cold out for this.

"Let's talk in the car, it's cold as shit." I shiver as I struggle with my car keys.

"So like I said, are we going to fuck him up or what. He shoved her into a fucking wall, Warren." He starts getting frustrated.

"Yeah, I know that, he left bruises. It's bad. I want to hurt him just as much as you do but she asked me not to do anything." I want him to hurt, badly.

"She asked you not to?" I know right, I don't get it either.

"Yeah, she said. "I will handle it." The fuck that means." I glance around the car to look for my Doritos.

"Okay so she said she would "Handel it", " He puts his hands up in quotations. "But what is she implying? That she's going to actually do something about it or she's just going to leave it." He says looking straight ahead of him.

"I don't know.'' I ran my hands over my face. I don't want her to get hurt but it's too late for that now.

She asked me not to do anything and I want to respect that but he hurt her.

I put the car in drive and pulled out of the parking lot and drove home. Neither of us said anything.

Don't do anything. Don't do anything. Don't do anything.

I exhale with my hands still on the steering wheel. I go to open the door then stop myself, leaning back in my chair slowly.

I fidget with my fingers. I have to do something. Even if she gets mad at me, I have to do something.

"Dayton." He turns to me with a questioning look.

"I have to do something, he hurt her. And who knows what if he goes for her again and does something worse." I won't let that happen.

"Finally." He wipes fake sweat off his forehead. "I was thinking I would have to do this alone."

"So how do we find him?" I shut the car off.

........

IM SO SORRY YALL FOR NOT UPDATING IN A HOT SEC

Also very short chapter I know

Hope you're liking it so far! Leave ideas or suggestions here you'd like to see!

LOVE YOU BYEE