7

The whole team and I are jogging out of the stadium excitedly as we just won our first game of the Season

The whole team and I are jogging out of the stadium excitedly as we just won our first game of the Season. Against the hurricanes!

I'm so proud of the team.

This team means the world to me. It amazes me how one group of college boys can have such an impact on each other's lives, we are pretty much like one big family.

Still chanting as we walk down the long hallway to the home locker room, there are our team's friends and family already waiting for us.

They all look so happy, I'm glad we can bring joy into people's lives just by playing a sport that we all love so dearly.

Dayton, Tyler and I walk alongside each other. I feel like I'm on top of the world like I can do anything. I can't contain my excitement as a wide smile plastered across my face.

This is what the game is all about.

Just as we reach the locker room doors I crane my head to my left and spot Naomi, Maeve, and Linnea. They all give me a small smile and wave.

On the other hand, Linnea just looks me in the eye. With no visible emotion on her face, then suddenly she smiles softly. I smile back then look away quickly and continue walking.

My face is probably as red as a tomato.

I turn around once more and see Tyler and Dayton giving the girls hugs and high-fives.

I keep my head up high with a smile and say hello to people.

Once we all settled back into the locker room, Coach gives us a speech about how we may have won but we could've played better and to keep working hard. Classic Coach Ware.

I change out of my jersey and shower, then change into street clothes.

The team had mentioned going out to the bar if we won the game. I think I'm going to sit this one out though, I am not the party type and I just want to go home.

Before I head out the door with my bag all packed up, some of the boys stop me.

"Oh come on Reid! Don't be a party pooper, come on and have some fun with us!" One of my teammates exclaims jumping up and down like a madman.

I grin and roll my eyes at him. "Sorry boys, I'm not feeling like going out tonight maybe next time." I try to convince them.

"Alright then man if you change your mind let us know" He pauses for a second with a look on his face like he is thinking about something. "Well in that case if you're not going out tonight maybe you could watch Oliver tonight? My mom had mentioned needing someone to watch him." Tyler asks me.