25

"THREE, TWO, ONE, GO!!!!" I snatch the frosting out of daytons hand quickly getting to work on our cake

I refuse to lose to these idiots.

"Warren! What are you doing? The frosting goes on top first, not the sides!" Linnea shouts, already frustrated with Warren.

Dayton next to me started chuckling, I quickly dug my elbow into his side lightly.

In case you are wondering, we're kind of just having a banking competition in the middle of the boy's house.

Why you may ask? Couldn't tell ya. We do random things at random times.

"So um, Naomi?" I hear Dayton clear his throat next to me. I snap my head in his direction.

"What?" I snap a little too harshly. Whoops.

"What do you want me to do?" He holds the small bottle of sprinkles in his hand looking confused. I face him and place my hands on my hips.

"You've never baked a cake, have you?" I slowly grab the bottle of sprinkles from his hand. He shakes his head quickly to that.

I laugh softly looking down at our cake. I set down the sprinkles and handed him the icing spreader and showed him how to make cool designs with it. He does a pretty good job if I'm being completely honest.

"Like this?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah Dayton, Nice job." I give him a small smile.

For our cake, we are going for a more unique approach.

Hot pink icing with yellow sprinkles and tiny race cars on top.

Daytons request.

The other teams consist of Dayton and me, Linnea and Warren, Maeve and Willow, Tyler and Kaden, and Tyler's mom and Oliver.

Warren met Willow and Caden in one of his classes and this is the first time they've hung out with all of us.

Maeve had been friends with Willow for a while now but just recently we've all come together I guess.

I think they will be hanging out with us for a while.

Maeve and Willow aren't doing so hot at the moment. Linnea and Warrens is the only other one that looks actually decent.

"5 More minutes!" Tyler's mom yells for us to hear.

"Does it look good?" I ask looking between Dayton and the cake.

Blue eyes catch my dark brown ones.

That's always been one of my favorite things about him.

If he doesn't ask me to be his girlfriend soon, I will ask him to be my boyfriend. A girl is tired of waiting around.

A part of be is still hesitant due to what happened but I'm slowly starting to trust him again.

"Beautiful." He says, looking at me.

I knew it, my baking skills are just too good. I guess he helped a little too.

"DROP ALL YOU TOOLS!" Tyler's mom yells once more.

She and Oliver made a cake too but Oliver kind of ruined it with overdecoration.

Love that kid, he's so funny for no reason. My favorite part is when he pisses off Reid, truly the highlight of my days. "Oliver here will be our judge for the evening, solely because of the looks of our cake." She looks down at their cake with a grimace. "Ours have no chance." Oliver gives her a hurt look but shakes it off before going down the line of cakes.

"Ew, absolutely not." He points at Caden and Tylers with his nose scrunched up.

"Oh come on!" Tyler yells, throwing his hand up. Oliver shrugs and walks forward.

"Oh, how lovely Linnea!" He smiles at Linnea and then adverts his attention to Warren. "She did all the good work didn't she." He gives Warren an amused look. Reid straightens up and nods slowly. "I'm only letting this slide because of the beautiful lady standing next to you." He winks at Linnea and Warren jumps at him a bit. Oliver gets to ours and inspects it.

Like really inspecting it, he's eye level with the counter and all.

"I like it."

Definitely the toy cars.

I look at Dayton and give him a fist bump. Once he finishes up his judging he gets ready to announce the winner. He stands up on a chair and faces all of us.

"With lots of time and consideration." Three minutes. "I have come to a conclusion of our winner for the evening, now I hope this doesn't bubble over too far as my bedtime is in." He glances at his watch. "45 minutes!" He panics looking at his mom.

She waves him off with a light laugh.

"The winner is! Now it would've been Linne and Warren but I just couldn't handle the thought of Warren winning. Sorry Linnea. So anyway. The winner is Naomi and Dayton!" He throws his arm up jumping off the chair.

I look at Dayton with a shocked look and give him a big hug. "HA LOSERS " I yell pointing at the rest of our friends. I may be just a smidge competitive.

The rest of them scoff and head over to the living room. Mrs. Fischer brings Oliver home and the rest of us pile into the living room for a movie night. I plop down onto the couch next to
Dayton.

"What are we watching guys!" Tyler shouts pretty loud for some reason.

We all look at each other trying to think of movie ideas. "TANGLED!" Linnea shouts leaning forward in her seat.

Warren grabs her shoulders lightly bringing her back as he laughs lightly.

Now I'm not 100% sure what's going on with them two but it doesn't take rocket science for people to see they like each other.

Now I already knew that but from an outside perspective, it's pretty obvious.

They are like oblivious lovesick puppies for one another. It's sickening at times, but it's also kind of cute.

It's all cute and games now but if Warren hurts her again like he did will have a rude awakening. I hope he doesn't mess this up.

Dayton lightly sings along to the lyrics of one of the songs and my heart melts instantly. I glance over at my best friend to see her all cuddled up with Warren, like I said I love sick puppies.

At the sound of Dayton's voice, I feel myself grow more and more tired. I slowly rest my head on his shoulder and he wraps an arm around me, I could stay like this forever.

.........

BAMMMMMM

BAMMMMMM. I like this chapter
Let me know any ideas or things you'd like to see in the book right here!!!
REMEMBER YOU ARE LOVED AND SPECIAL AND DESERVE THE WORLD.
I LOVE YALL BYEEE