14

"LETS GO LADIES" I watch as Dayton stands up from his seat cheering, jumping, and clapping his hands loudly

Tyler and I are a laughing mess but as soon as I see the girls take the stage we go quiet instantly.

You couldn't even hear a pin drop.

At least in my mind, you couldn't.

My focus strays to Linnea subconsciously.

God, she's gorgeous, I know I don't like her or have a crush on her. Well maybe I did in elementary and middle school, but not now.

She is just an amazing person inside and out.

You know that feeling you get when you look at your best friend? Where you feel like you would be lost in life without them. Do you feel all giddy but in a friendly way? That's how I feel when I see Linnea Johnson.

Or that's how it used to be at least.

I just want things to go back to how they were before, before all the bad.

After our conversation I completely understood her. She needs time, and I will give that to her.

Anything for her.

I don't know if I'm ready to share the whole story but I will tell her all she needs to know for now when she's ready.

I rip my eyes off Linnea and gaze over the whole group. Now I may not know a whole lot about dance but this is really good.

It's a slow song, very sad.

I hear Tyler sniffling next to me, I side-eye him and he side-eyes me and we both just return our focus forward like nothing happened.

The event is in a high school auditorium, the ceiling has a cool pattern on it and the walls have something that looks like sound reducers. Assorted colored lights are illuminating the stage.

As the music ends the dancers slowly make their way off the stage and over half the people in the auditorium stand up and cheer.

"That was amazing" Tyler shakes my shoulders.

"Yes, I know" I laugh as we sit back down in our seats.

Once the last performance is finished the boys and I rise from our seats and make our way out of the auditorium.

I glance at Dayton and see him eyeing the table of flower arrangements and bouquets.