39

"UNO!"

"UNO!"

"Damn it."

"Fucking hell, Linnea."

"I am never playing this game again."

Dayton on my left sets down a green 5. Perfect.

"I WIN." I slam my green 1 onto the center of the table and everybody shoots up out of their chairs heading into the kitchen.

Sore losers.

They are just mad they aren't on my level.

"That's what I'm talking about." I jab Warren in the ribs lightly, he tosses his arm around me kissing the top of my head.

"I'll win next time, don't worry about it." He leans down whispering in my ear. I stop and turn to him.

"Oh piss off, i'll beat you every time in any game we play you and we both know it." I look up at him with my hands on my hips. He doesn't say anything, just looks at me for a while smiling.

"Exactly." I go up on my tippy toes giving his nose a small kiss.

"Alright, alright let's go, come on," Warren says, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the kitchen.

"So what are we making on this fine evening." Tyler says. He has a chef's hat along with a hot pink apron.

"It's two in the morning" I state matter factually over the kitchen counter. As he waves the spatula around.

"The cooking world does not revolve around time my dear, we cook when we want!" He throws both his arms up in the air. "Anyone care for some chicken parmesan?" He waves the spatula around.

Next day

Next day
......

"No, Oliver I understand what you're saying but I know my own girlfriend fairly well to know she would not like a grand gesture." I huffed out picking up the bag of mulch from Ms. Ficher's truck and placing it on my shoulder.

"So just do a poster with words on it and some flowers and shit." He offers to slice open the bag after I toss it down onto the lawn. "Now I know you don't have much if any experience with the ladies but I do and let me tell you, girls dig that."