8

"Rise and shine

"Rise and shine." I hear a voice sing.

I look over my shoulder blocking my eyes from the newly found light in my bedroom, I see Tyler standing in the doorway all ready to go with jazz hands.

Weirdo.

It's probably not even past 10. I grab the pillow closest to me and throw it at him.

He dodges it quickly though. Brat. I get up still very tired,

"What time even is it man?" I asked him with a questioning look.

"9 am dude," he says with a smile. Called it.

"Now get up, my child, we have a big day in front of us" he continued.

"I'm not your child and yeah I know" I grumble rising from my place on my bed.

"Don't sass me young man" he says, trying to act tough.

"Piss off," I say back quickly as I walk into the bathroom to get ready.

I hear him call out to not talk back. I laugh to myself as I finally make it into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Once I'm done I emerge from the bathroom and go into the kitchen to make breakfast to see someone had already made French toast which is sitting on a plate on the counter.

I quickly grab a few knowing how fast food runs out in this house. I check my phone and see it's already 10, Dayton told me we were leaving to pick up the girls around 11.

I have time to spare so I go sit on the couch scrolling through my phone.

About 30 minutes pass, Tyler walks into the room, walks over to me and flicks my forehead.

I jump back and give him a weird look "What was that for?" I ask annoyed.

"I dunno just felt like it" he shrugs. "Anyway, we're going to head out in the next 10 minutes so we can stop for some food". He explains.

I go upstairs to grab my wallet and things I might need.

"Give that to me!" Dayton practically screams.

They have been fighting over who gets the aux cord for the past 5 minutes.

"NO DAMNIT I'M THE ONE DRIVING I GET TO PICK THE MUSIC" Tyler yells back with even more energy.