44

"KNOCK, KNOCK MOTHERFUCKERS!" I damn near shit myself at Tyler's loud voice

Linnea and I look at each other at the same time.

I climb off of her putting my shirt back on quickly stumbling over myself as I make my way to the front door of Dayton and I's apartment.

"Yes, Ty?" I give him a disapproving look.

"You ready for the draft tonight? Coach says we need to be there at 5 pm." Shit. Shit. shit. SHIT. I completely forgot about that.

I glance down at my watch and it's 3 pm, not ideal but at least we won't be crazy late.

"Thanks for the reminder." I rush out before speed-walking back to my room to get ready.

I knock on the door before walking in. "The draft is tonight, sunshine." We talked a few weeks back and she told me all about how she felt about the draft and I understand her completely.

Although at the time there wasn't much I could do to comfort her, it pained me to see her hurt and upset about something like this even though I know she is the proudest of me, I get it.

So the past few weeks I begged the coach to tell me the teams that were the most interested in me and they just happened to be the Minnesota Timberwolves and Chicago Bulls.

Chicago isn't exactly in our backyard but it is better than across the entire country so I am pretty content with that, i haven't told her yet though I wanted to keep it a surprise and just in case things changed.

"I'm going to go get ready, let me know if you need anything." I lean down onto the bed kissing her on her forehead before turning and walking into the bathroom to get ready.

"You ready?" A soft knock snaps me out of thought. I glance down at my watch and it's already 4 pm.

I open the bathroom door and see Linnea. Her long brown hair is in loose curls and she has a little bit of makeup on. She's wearing one of my college jerseys and jeans. She looks incredible.

I'm so lucky to have her in my life.

"You ready?" She repeats.

"Yes, yeah." I wrap my arms around her. She hugs me back. I just hold her, nothing else to worry about in the world. The only thing I am focused on right now is her.

"Let's go." She pats my back. "I am so happy for you, you have come so far. You will do amazing things, Warren." She says in a genuine tone.

"Thank you, you mean the world to me. You know that?" She always says the right thing at the right time.

"Alright now before I start to cry and ruin my mascara let's go." She grabs my arm pulling me out the door. She stops suddenly. "Actually, wait."

"What's wrong?" I frown. She starts panicking, pacing the room. I gently grab her arms. "What's wrong, Sunshine?"

"I can't do this." Me either, Sunshine. Me either.

"What if you get drafted across the country? California? Florida? New York? I can't do it, what if we stop talking, never see each other again then break up? I love you so much, I don't know what I would do. I really don't, and I want you to be a part of my life for as long as we live, and that can't happen if you are across the country. I know I sound like I am being dramatic and I might be but-" I cut her off of her rant.

I take hold of her hand and guide us outside onto the balcony. We both need fresh air.

"Sunshine-" I say tipping her chin up to look at me. "-we spent nearly three years not talking to each other due to a miscommunication, and ever since that day I have made it clear I will do my best as long as you want me to see, feel and to talk to you so much you might even start to get sick of me, and I do not plan on stopping that anytime soon, not because of me joining some NBA team, you are far more important than that to me. Plus want to know a little secret?"

I should just tell her before she flips.

She nods. "Coach said the Minnesota Timberwolves and Chicago Bulls are the top teams looking at me, so I won't ever be more than a max 5-hour drive from you, but we will make it work. I promise."

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Warren." My heart just skipped a beat.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Linnea." I mean every word.

"I can't wait." She smiles bright her eyes tearing up.

Hopefully of happiness.

"We are Linnea and Warren, have been since we were 5 and always will be, so once again, I will not stop trying, Not now, not anytime soon-"

".. Not till the end of time." I hold her face in my hands.

"Till the end of time." She whispers. And as those words leave her lips, The fact that we were destined for each other ever since we were young, is now more true than ever.

I know my life journey started with her, and will end with her.

I wouldn't have it, Any. Other. Way

————————-

Wow. That's it. I just finished my first book, we'll have to edit it all first but like. Wow.

THERE WILL BE BONUSN CHAPTERS SOON LIKE THE DANCE, OFFICIAL LOVE CONFFESIONN AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU GUYS WANT JUST COMMENT HERE

I am open to doing any epilogues/bonus chapters you guys want, the draft, proposal ect.

Tysm for reading this far you are all beautiful, extraordinary, kind humans never forget that.

I LOVE YOU BYE