Chapter Fifty Seven

Aanya pov

The rest of the weekend went fast mostly with raghav looking at me curiously trying to figure out what is wrong with me……. To my surprise he didn’t get angry on me for slapping him or threatened me…… yet I could always feel His eyes on me all the time…… Monday morning I woke up and did my morning routine getting ready for my work…… I have already took one week leave from work because of what happened last week…… now I am feeling better and well I wanted to go back to work…… I was searching for my handbag when raghav came inside carrying breakfast…..

When he saw me he looked at me confused “what are you doing babydoll??” he said looking at me confused…… “I am going back to work from today” I said looking at him….. I saw his face frowning then turned into angry “you are not going to office babydoll” he said coldly….. While I glared at him “I am raghav” I said taking an deep breathe…… “no you are not you need to take rest” he said standing infront of me….. “I had enough rest and I am feeling good now raghav so I am going to office whether you liked or not” I said in an final tone……

I saw him taking an deep breathe controlling his anger “fine lets have breakfast” he said glaring at me….. “And Raghav don’t even think about reducing my work load” I said looking at him…… while I saw him scowl at what I said I knew he wouldn’t agree to this easily….. even if he did I already guessed what will happen at work knowing raghav he would definitely try to give me less work……. We both had our breakfast then he drove us to work looking grumpy…….

After 30 minutes we reached the office when I walked inside the lobby with raghav I saw people looking at us curiously……. Soon we reached our cabins and I started completing the pending work…… it was almost on lunch time Sarah came to my cabin asking how am I…… we both went to cafeteria and sat down and started having our lunch…… to my surprise raghav didn’t stop me when I said I am going to have lunch with Sarah…… I was almost done with my lunch when I looked around and noticed ishani was not there to my surprise…… that got me thinking I haven’t seen ishani after that drama in cafeteria…..

“Sarah where is ishani???” I asked looking at her confused…… I saw her look at me stunned “don’t you know??” She said making me frown….. “Don’t know what Sarah???” I said looking at her stunned face….. “That sharma industries went bankruptcy” she said making me startled….. “What??? What are you saying Sarah????” I said stunned….. “Next day after that cafeteria incident sharma industries went bankrupt and ishani quit her job” she said….. What the hell went did this happen I thought in my mind stunned….. “it was all over in the news don’t you know” sarah said looking at me frowning…..

How in the hell I didn’t got to know about this I shook my head negatively looking at Sarah….. I remember after that day I was too much busy with handling raghav while I totally forget about ishani and everything…… how come sharma industries went bankrupt in over night….. For some reason I have this feeling that this has something to do with raghav…… after lunch I went back to my cabin and continued doing my work……. By evening raghav drove us back home while I kept on glancing at him……

I walked inside his room while raghav following me from the behind…… “do have something to ask babydoll???” Raghav said making me look at him…… “why did you destroy sharma industries???” I said looking at him…… while he looked at me stunned “I know you did that Raghav” I continued….. “Yes I did babydoll” he said taking an deep breath….. “Why??” I asked he took an step closer to me while he raised his hand softly caressing my cheeks…… “she hurt you and disrespected you babydoll” he said while I stared at his grey eyes stunned….. “I will not let anyone hurt you babydoll” he said and kissed my forehead…….

Hearing his words it made me feel my heart warm and also fear too….. “You shouldn’t have done that Raghav” I said looking at him…… “think about the employees who lost their jobs because of this” I said pulling away from him angrily…… while he held my hand pulling me back to him “I didn’t babydoll I only destroyed sharma family” he said holding my waist…… “rest of the employees were offered better job with better salary then what were they are already getting” he said making me sigh in relief…..

“Still it’s wrong raghav” I said placing my hand on his chest while he looked at me stunned…… “it’s not babydoll he was using those poor people hardwork for his own benefits” he said calmly…. I kept on looking at Raghav we both stood there without saying any words for few minutes…..  When I realised I was staring at him I pulled away from him blushing in embarrassment ….. What the hell is wrong with me I thought in confusion this pregnancy harmones are messing with me badly….. That night I slept thinking about his behaviour but what startled me was to think we had an somewhat proper conversation without fighting with each other……

next day went fast with me completing the rest of my work at office……. I didn’t talk with raghav about sharma industries again while I realised he was indeed saying the truth….. By Wednesday morning we went to office together….. I was busy completing some file in my cabin when I heard someone knock the door…… “come in” I said without looking at the door when I heard the door opening sound and someone walking in….. When I looked up from my file my eyes widen startled looking at the person who stood in front of me…..

Please do vote and comment.......