Part five

When you all finished your food, you said your goodbyes, ready to dispatch.

'Hey nemona, since y/n's going to check up on arven, wanna hang out for a bit until they're done?' Penny asked, eagerly.

'Oh.. um. Sure!' Nemona replied, perking up a little bit. 'Y/n, if you manage to get arven out of his man cave, meet back with us, yeah? All four of us could hang out that way'.

'Yea! Sounds good' you smiled back and went to find arven.

While you were walking you wondered where arven could be.

His dorm room?

No, he'd be attending school if he were staying there.

Maybe his mother/father's old lab? Yea that would make the most sense.

You would check there first.

                              .            .            .

You began your journey to the lab, a worried feeling forming in your gut.

When you arrived you knocked on the door, but there was no answer. You contemplated on not going inside, nervous about what you could possibly find, but decided to go in anyway. Not caring. And worrying about your best friend too much.

What you saw honestly shocked you. You saw arven curled up in a ball on a dirty, grimy, inflatable mattress in the floor.

'Go away nemona.... I don't Care how bad my attendance is... I'm not coming into school' arven said weakly. You could hear him sobbing gently. But you had no idea why.

'Arven... it's not nemona... it's me... y/n..' you responded, gently moving towards the boy.

You broke out in a coughing fit as soon as you stepped Into the dusty room. The place was filthy. Food packets and drinks were scattered all over the place and arven looked like he hadn't showered in weeks.

When you spoke, you saw arven jolt a little bit, however he still lay on the mattress.

'Y/n... please go away... I can't let you see me like this...' arven said weakly.  Embarrassed of how messy him and this place were.

'Arven... it's okay... I just need to talk to you for a little while alright..?'

Arven didn't respond. He just looked at the floor, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

'Oh arven....' You said, sitting on the mattress next to him.

He sat up, not saying anything. He couldn't help but let his tears fall.

'Oh arven.... Come here...' you said as you carefully held him as he cried into your arms.

He hugged you tightly, nuzzling into you a little bit. You laid him down on the mattress and then you laid down next to him, still holding him tightly against your chest as he gently cried into your arms.

'Hey it's okay... I've got you.. you're going to be okay honey...' you said as you continued to cuddle him, trying to calm him down. He simply nodded. Unable to control his tears as he sobbed, loving and missing your comfort that he'd been deprived of for weeks.