Part nine

You lay there like that for what felt like around about an hour, with arven safe in the comfort of your arms.

You sighed.

This day had been so hectic. For the both of you. But you knew it would do arven some good to have someone there for him, someone to talk to and someone to listen to him.

You looked at him, your eyes beginning to get a little heavy. Arven looked so at peace, his once saddened and frustrated face now had a look of of calm and slight happiness.

You smiled to yourself, knowing that deep down you needed this just as much as he did.

You both craved and missed physical touch and affection from another person as you both had been deprived of it for so long.

After living in isolation for such a long time, you had almost forgotten what being in the comfort of another person had felt like. Even if it was only platonic. You had forgotten how nice it felt to hold someone so dear and close as you were holding arven right this moment. It wasn't until now that you had realised how lonely you had been feeling.

You sighed, and without thinking, you kissed arven's sleeping forehead and nuzzled into his soft hair before closing your eyes and falling asleep yourself, to the sound of the  newly emerging rainfall that had only just started pattering on the roof.

                              .           .          .

You woke up to the morning sun shining protectively on your face, although it was blinding, it was also very comforting.

You looked down to see arven still asleep and snoring lightly, snuggled up against your chest.

The window was still wet on the outside from last night's rainfall, it's rain droplets sparkled in the morning sun, creating beautiful rainbow patterns on the wooden panels of arven's bedroom floor.

You let go of arven gently and rolled out of bed, trying to not wake him up.

Despite your attempts, you heard arven groan and turn over to face you.

'No.... Don't leave.... I'm so cold... please stay here with me...' arven said, reaching his arms out towards you and grabbing onto you gently.

You blushed softly at his remarks.

/could he really want me to stay?/

You thought to yourself as you allowed arven to pull you back towards him.

He held you tightly against his strong chest, holding you carefully but protectively against him.

'Just stay here with me for a bit okay...?' Arven said, still half asleep.

You nodded.

'Only for a little while'