Part seventeen

Here's the song for this chapter❤️

. . .

You all entered the courtyard and found a bench to sit on. It was a very small bench, meaning that one of you would have to stand up.

'This is such a small bench... are you sure there isn't another we could sit at?' Nemona asked, looking around, putting her hands on her hips.

'I think this is the only one free.... We have no choice but to sit here. It's fine though. I'll stand up so you can all sit.' Penny replied, sighing a little and slumping.

You had a look around the grounds yourself.

It was packed with students.

People must've been sitting outside due to the newly approaching warmer summer weather. You were lucky enough to have gotten a bench at all.

'Nah, don't worry penny. I'm fine with standing up.' You responded, smiling at your friend. You had already been sitting down for the past two hours. It would be good to give your legs a stretch.

Penny smiled at you. She nodded. You nodded back.

She was thankful you had offered to stand up instead, as she was nearly collapsing from the heat.

Arevn, nemona and Penny took their seats and you continued standing up.

Everyone began eating their lunch. Arven was the first one finished. You looked at him in surprise as you had only eaten half of your sandwich in the time it had taken him to eat all of his.

'Wow, how hungry were you?' You asked arven, raising an eyebrow.

'Oh haha... yea i was pretty hungry..' arven responded, avoiding eye contact and looking away from you.

You just shrugged. You had no idea why he was avoiding eye contact but you weren't going to pry him into telling you.

You finished your sandwich a few moments later. Your legs were beginning to get a little tired.

'Hey guys... do you mind if I sit down? My legs are hurting a little bit' you asked, bending over slightly and placing your hands above your knees, trying to stop them hurting.

No one said anything and looked away from you awkwardly, except arven.

'Well.... Um... i know this sounds a little bit weird... but you could sit on my knee if you'd like' arven suggested, before looking away.

He then turned beet red. That had sounded a lot less weird in his head than it had out loud. He was so embarrassed.

'Oh, right, thanks arv!' You responded, sitting on arven's lap.

Arven froze for a little bit before placing his hands around your waist. He was still very embarrassed. You leaned into him a little bit, resting against his chest.

Penny stared at the both of you with a look of shock and horror plated on her face, her mouth was agape and her eyes were wide. She then let out a piercing shriek, causing everyone in the courtyard to look at you.

Nemona practically jumped out of her seat. 'Woah, Penny, calm down, what's wrong?' She asked, very scared and concerned.

Penny simply pointed at you and arven, she was unable to speak.

Nemona looked at the two of you. You both had no idea what was going on. Your eyes were closed and arven was too frightened to move or notice that anything was even happening.

'Are you guys dating?!' Nemona yelled, covering her mouth with her hand.