Part eight

After about ten minutes of waiting, you heard arven's door open, you turned to see him coming out of his bedroom slowly.

'Hey...' he softly said, waving awkwardly and walking towards you, he then sat next to you on the sofa.

His hair was tied up, still damp from the shower.

God he looked so cute.

'Your hair looks nice' you said, not even really realising you had said that out loud.

'Thanks' he said, smiling slightly.

Even though arven seemed happy now, You could tell it was just an act.

'Hey so, um, do you wanna tell me what's going on now? Or do you wanna tell me later?' You asked, turning towards arven who suddenly tensed up.

You saw his fists clench and his eyes widen, he suddenly looked towards the floor awkwardly, acting like he hadn't heard you.

You reached your hand towards his and took it gently onto your lap, caressing the palm of his hand with your thumb.

'It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I just want to know if I can help you in any way to lift the weight of your problems you know, make it a little easier for you.'

You felt arven relax a little bit.

'n-no... I want to....' He responded as he looked into your eyes, trusting you.

He then closed his eyes before taking a deep breath in and breathing out slowly.

'So you know how we found out that my mom/dad has been dead for arceus knows how long.. well it pretty much hit me like a boulder and I've been feeling so heart broken and useless since then... it feels like I'm alone.. because... well... I am... i feel like no one cares that I have no parents now and nobody's even hosting a funeral for my mom/dad. I feel so useless and feel like if I had just done something.... anything to help... maybe my mom/dad would still be alive....' Arven said, his voice beginning to shake. He started to cry uncontrollably.

'Oh arvy... I'm so sorry ... I should've been more considerate...this makes so much more sense why you haven't been going to school now... I'm so sorry honey....' You replied, holding his hand tightly.

Arven didn't say anything else, he instead continued to cry harder.

'I just feel so useless and alone y/n.... I don't know what to do....'

You pulled arven Into a tight hug. 'I've got you now arven... and I'm not going to leave you... you're not alone anymore alright? You've got me'

He nodded slightly as he cried into your arms.

You kissed the top of his head lightly as you held onto him tightly.

'It's pretty late now, I think we both need some sleep yea?' You said, rubbing your eyes and suddenly realising how tired you were.

'Please could you stay with me... I feel so venerable and I really Don't want to be alone... I'm sorry...' arven replied in a quiet tone, trying to control his tears.

You nodded. 'Of course arven... I'm going to be here for you alright...'

The two of you went into arven's room and laid down on the bed.

You held him close to you as he sniffled softly.

'Thanks so much for everything... I really needed this...' arven whispered before falling asleep, safe in the comfort of your arms.