Part twenty two

Elijah was shortly dragged away by his mother, leaving the two of you alone once again. But you could tell that The little boy didn't mind. He had his chocolate bar.

The two of you continued your walk back to your apartment.

You looked towards arven. 'How do you know how to deal with Kids so well?' You asked, smirking slightly.

'Oh.. well.. you See.. i um.. I Actually work for a daycare at the weekends.. you know.. for Little Kids. It's the only thing I've kept going to since my mother/father's death. I thought of stopping but I'd miss the kids too much.. they're just so sweet.. you know? They make my day..' arven replied, smiling warmly.

You smiled back 'aww thats so sweet! You really are such a Kind Person arven...' you responded.

'r-really?' He asked, looking at you a little shocked but you could See he was happy to hear this.

You nodded.

'Yea! You'd make a great dad you know.' You added, not really realising what you had just said.

He blushed hard at this.

'Wow thank you... you'd make a great parent too y/n..' he replied, smiling widely.

'Aww thanks!' You responded.

'Is there any reason you decided to work in a daycare?' You asked, holding arven's Hand gently.

Arven Sighed 'well... there's a lot of reasons why Actually... but the main one Is to do with my own childhood... you see.. i know they couldn't help it, being too busy and all that... but I just wish my mother/father had spent more time with me as a kid, it kinda feels like I raised myself sometimes as they were almost never home... I dont want anyone else to feel like that so I wanna help them... you know?' He said, holding Your Hand back.

You nodded in response. 'Yea that makes sense...  I'm sorry'

'It's okay. I've pretty much gotten over it by now.' He responded, smiling weakly at you.