Chapter 9 - Police Investigation

|(Good)Police|

Third Person POV:

After the interviews with the Todoroki's, the police decided to start doing action.

Nemuri and Rumi had created a small device for spying. It looked as small as a fly, so they decided to decorate it like a fly as well. It had a microphone and a good camera, so they could see well.

Aizawa and Hizashi were in front of their computers, Nemuri and Rumi hovering over them. "If this thing is caught, it's going to be in serious trouble." Aizawa warns.

Rumi rolls her eyes and looks at the screen, where the camera of the fly was projected. Aizawa's screen was that, and Hizashi's screen was the same, except a little smaller and with the controls. Hizashi was currently flying the small device over to the building they were investigating. As they suspected, a man walked to the building and reached to open the door.

"Go, go, go!" Nemuri says. Hizashi makes the spying device zip towards the door, and enters it as the door closes. Nemuri sighs, presumably because she was worried her machine might've been destroyed.

Rumi knocks on the table. "Where do we go? We don't know which way the kids may be, if there are kids here at all." She says. Then one of the nurse-looking ladies comes into the camera view. "Hizashi, land on her shoulder."

The man did so, and soon they were being brought down a series of different hallways by the nurse.

Then they heard the first noise from the fly microphone, aside from the clicking of the lady's shoes. "Ms. Katsu, the children are asking to meet again." Another person out of view says. All the police suck in a breath. The lady the fly was sitting on, Ms. Katsu, sighed.

"Just tell them if they behave," She said. "You know, maybe they'll be able to meet again."

After a moment, Ms. Katsu started walking down the hallways again. Aizawa tried to memorize her path, but stopped after realizing it was useless. They see her grab a small medical bag from a closet close to the end of one hallway. Then, she walks down two more hallways and arrives at a door.

"She seems hesitant, what do you think is in there?" Hizashi says.

Rumi face palms. "A child, obviously."

Ms. Katsu opens the door and walks inside. It was completely pitch black inside, the adults on the other side of the screen couldn't see to the back. "Children?" Ms. Katsu says, her voice switching to a fake sweet one. "I brought your meal." Hizashi moves the fly bot a little on the lady's shoulder, which was a mistake, because Ms. Katsu scratches where the fly was.

The fly bot falls off her and lands on the ground. "Crap!" Hizashi mutters. Ms. Katsu half sighs, half sneers, and turns toward the door.

"Get out!" Nemuri says. Hizashi presses the fly button, but one of the wings was broken. "Oh no.."

The nurse closes the door, making it even more dark inside the room.

"Now what are we going to do?" Aizawa says. "Your robot is stuck and there isn't anything here."

"Izuku."

All of the police freeze. Someone had whispered the name. They all turned to the screen. Nothing was there. A moment of holding their breaths. "Izuku, she's gone." The voice whispers again. Aizawa blinks. The police wait in the quiet precinct.

Then, a pair of glowing green eyes lights up the room.

...

Nemuri leans forward for a better look. "That's.. a real child." She says. The eyes look around the room before staring right at the camera.

"Shoto, look!" Izuku whispers. "There's a little fly!" He crawls over to the robot and gently lifts it up in his hands.

Aizawa sucked in a breath. "Shoto is the youngest Todoroki child." He says. All of the police gasp.

"Izuku, how did that-" The other boy whispers. Izuku holds the camera out to him. It was a peppermint haired boy with dual colored eyes. "Whoa, how did that get in?"

Shoto had two heavy chains on his wrists that connected to a bigger chain leading to a point in the wall. His chains on his ankles were gone. And so was his gag. The police were disgusted by the way he was chained up and stared into the screen.

"I don't know!" Izuku says cheerfully. "But it's cool, isn't it?"

Shoto blinks. "It's going to die here." He says blankly. "Those nurses aren't going to feed it like they feed us."

Izuku crawls to the food Ms. Katsu dropped on the ground. He put it in front of Shoto, which gave the police a perfect view of what they were eating. If you thought up some healthy stuff, you're wrong. The plate, first of all, was cracked and dirty. The main part of the meal was a mush that might've been grits or something. Next to that was a piece of plain bread.

Nemuri gagged and turned away. Rumi pressed the screenshot button on the computer.

Izuku also grabbed two water bottles. They were probably the most healthy thing for their meal. Probably because they were just bought from a store.

After they drank the water and ate the bread, Izuku and Shoto curled into a corner with Izuku holding onto the fly bot. He looked directly in the camera again. "I'm going to name it Mr. Fly." He says, turning to Shoto.

Shoto smiles slightly and rolls his eyes. Izuku turns back to the robot.

"Mr. Fly, I assume you can't speak English, but it would be cool if you could tell us about the world." Izuku whispers. Shoto looks at him. The hearts of the police watching crack slightly. "Mr. Fly, Mr. Fly." Izuku whispers, closing his eyes.

Shoto sighs. "Izuku, flies can't talk." He says.

Izuku's eyes open. He stares at the camera with so much intensity, Aizawa thinks for a moment he knows that it's a robot. "I think, Mr. Fly knows what I'm saying." He says. "Look on the side, in those books they show us, I don't think flies have this weird light."

The police suck in a breath, except Aizawa, who smiles slightly. "It's not that Mr. Fly knows what I'm saying, it's that the people who control Mr. Fly do." Izuku says to Shoto.

Aizawa leans back in his chair. "Seems like this kid's smarter than we thought." He says.

Shoto leans toward the robot and gasps. "Oh.. oh!" He whispers. Izuku stares at the camera again.

"Are you going to rescue us?" Izuku asks. "We need rescuing."

<^> To Be Continued

(1.08k words)

Here's some not angst for you guys. ❤