Chapter 14 - The Aftermath/Reunions

|Hospital things|

Third Person POV:

Touya's eyes fluttered open very slowly.

Natsuo, Enji, Fuyumi, and Rei were all around the hospital bed he was in. He was the most tired he'd ever been, but he turned his head to look at Fuyumi closely. Touya studied her face for a moment.

"Fuyumi?" He whispers. Touya could remember, of course, he played with her everyday. She just looked a lot older.

The family all immediately looked up at him. When Fuyumi saw him staring at her, she started sobbing and smiling. "Hi, Touya-nii." She says.

Touya smiles back weakly. "Where.. where am I?" He says. Rei took his hand in hers and smiled.

"A hospital." She answers. "You're safe now."

Her son blinks. Enji pats his head. "You and Shoto gave us quite a scare, but your here now." He said. Touya furrows his brows for a moment. He sits up, despite the fuss Fuyumi gave him.

"Shoto?" He says. "The other boy?"

Natsuo rubs the thumbs together. "Yeah, he's our youngest brother." He says. Touya eyebrows raise. He looks at Natsuo and then back at Fuyumi. Then at Rei. Then at Enji. He suddenly rips the IV off his arm, earning multiple shouts from everyone.

Touya coughs and looks around the room again. It looked too much like the facility he wanted so much to be out. He lurches sideways off the bed, while everyone was telling him to get back on the bed, with the support of Fuyumi, stood up. Fuyumi kept telling him to get back on the bed like everyone else.

"No." He whispers. "No, no, no. I can't."

A large crashing noise comes from outside, followed by many hospital attendants talking. The door suddenly slams open, revealing a tired but crazed looking Keigo. Him and Touya lock eyes.

Keigo sees Fuyumi holding Touya and flares his wings. He steps forward but Touya holds his hand out. "Wait! She's my sister!" He says, and stands up straighter. Keigo looks between Fuyumi and Touya, and then at the other people in the room. Once he sees the resemblance, his wings slowly go back to resting position.

Touya steps forward, but tumbles slightly. Fuyumi reaches out to grab his hand. But Keigo grabs him first. He envelopes Touya with his wings for a moment. He searches Touya for any injuries or something wrong. One Keigo was satisfied that Fuyumi hadn't done anything, he opened his wings again.

The family was in shock. Who could blame them? A random boy with wings suddenly came in and seemed very protective over Touya. Of course they were shocked.

"Um.." Keigo says and glances at Touya. "Sorry about that, it was kinda instinctive." He ruffles his wings and they brush Touya's face.

Fuyumi smiles. "It's fine, I'm just glad Touya-nii had a friend at that place." She says.

Touya takes the moment to collapse in Keigo's wings. "Whoa, whoa, why aren't you in bed anyway?" Keigo says as he uses some of his feathers to lift the boy up.

"It looks too much like it." Touya whispers, only audible to his friend. Keigo frowns and walks closer to the bed, careful not to touch the others. "I want to see.." Keigo checks the boy and sees he's fallen asleep again. His feathers lay him back on the bed and Keigo smiles.

G A Y

Fuyumi looks between the two for a moment and then smiles mischievously. Natsuo sees her face and immediately understands.

"Um." Natsuo says. Keigo looks at him. "I guess we should do introductions?"

Rei nods. "Yes, we should." She turns to Keigo and steps toward him a bit, making him flinch ever so slightly. She gives him a kind smile. "My name is Rei Todoroki."

Keigo blinks. "My name is Keigo. N-" He stops himself. They probably wouldn't understand the numbers.

"I'm Natsuo Todoroki." Natsu says.

Fuyumi turns to him again. "I'm Fuyumi." She says.

After Enji introduces himself, Keigo turns to the door. "Are you related to Shoto?" He asks and turns back to them. Fuyumi nods. "I could've guessed, his hair color and eyes. He's coming to the room right now, by the way." The family whips their heads to the doorway. Where, sure enough, Shoto was coming in right at that moment.

There was a moment of silence.

He looks around for a moment. Then he locks eyes with Rei. He tilted his head to the side. "Are you.. Mom?" He asks. Rei's eyes fill with tears that soon spill while she smiles and nods. Shoto tentatively walks toward her, and looks her in the eyes.

Another moment of silence.

"My baby boy." Rei says and gently hugs him. There was a second where Shoto just stood there, but then he slowly wrapped his arms around his mother. "I've missed you."

Keigo pokes Touya's cheek because his was bored. (idk I just added that)

Shoto releases his mom and turns back to the door. "Okay, you can come in now." He says. The Todoroki family looks at the doorway in confusion.

Izuku's head pops out of the doorway. He rushes up to Shoto and clings onto his arm. He stares up at Rei with wide eyes. She stares back. "That's your mom?" He asks and looks at Shoto. "She's so pretty! Does she have powers like you? Is she where you got your white hair? Also your brown eye? If you cut yourself in half, half of you will look like her and the other half won't." He pauses for a moment. Then he turns back to Rei. "Your very pretty, miss."

Rei gives him a confused smile. "Thank you." She says.

Izuku looks around the room and sees Keigo. "Mr. Wings! You're also here!" He says. Keigo stared at him, dumbfounded by the nickname.

Shoto patted Izuku's head before turning to Fuyumi. He reaches up and touches her hair. "You are Fuyumi." He says, more of a statement than a question. She nods and Shoto looks at everyone else. And then at Touya in the bed. "Is he dead? Is that why you're sad?"

"No, Sho, he's obviously not dead!" Izuku says and shakes Shoto's shoulders dramatically. "His chest is going up and down, that means he is ALIVE."

Shoto shrugs. "You never know." He said. "Though that would be sad. Who would do the burning then?" He blows frost on his hand and covers Izuku's eyes.

"Ohhh, that's nice." Izuku says. He pulls Shoto's hand away from his face and giggles.

Shoto sighs. "Ochako's hungry." He says. "We should go ask.. someone. For food." He starts for the door. Izuku gasps.

"We can do that?" He asks as he runs out of the room.

Fuyumi holds a fist to her chest. Natsuo walks over to her and puts a hand on her shoulder. "They've been through so much.. I just feel like with everything that's happened.." Fuyumi trails off.

Rei sits in a chair next to Touya's bed, where Keigo also had fallen back asleep curled next to him. "It's okay now.. They are back and safe."

Touya shifts around closer to Keigo, mumbling something incoherent.

A hospital attendant comes in and reattaches the IV, but makes sure to leave Keigo alone. Rei thanks them and they leave, so the Todoroki family just sits and stays there, protectively watching over the two sleeping boys.

<^> To Be Continued

(1.2k words)

E V E R Y O N E I S G A Y