Chapter 21 - Panic

|Derealization, panic, graphic details|

Third Person POV:

Class had just ended, and everyone was slowly leaving.

"Man, we really need to study for this research assignment. I'm going to fail!" Mina says. Sero and Hagakure nod in agreement. "Oooo, let's study at someone's house!" She jumps up at the idea.

Eijiro walks over to them. "You can come to my house if you want." He suggests. Ochako hears him and nods enthusiastically. Everyone asked to join. But Katsuki butts in.

"No, no you can't." He says. Everyone turns to him.

Mina frowns. "Why can't he?" She asks. "It's his decision." Katsuki sneers at her. Ochako and Denki share a glance, while Shoto stands up and walks over as well.

"I'm coming over as well." He says, which makes everyone stare at him.

...

The class was gawking at 'Eijiro's house'. Tooru jumps up and down. "Oh my gosh, It's so big! Are you rich?" She asks. Eijiro shakes his head.

Ochako knocks on the door. A few minutes later, Tenko opens the door with his phone in hand. He glares at the crowd before turning to Ochako.

"I thought we agreed not to bring a lot of people over?" He says. Hitoshi shrugs and Ochako pushes past Tenko. "Hey! Oh, hey Shoto. Are these your classmates?" He says, noticing the boy in the crowd.

Shoto nods politely and enters as well. The classmates stared in shock at Tenko. Who was he? He looked nothing like Eijiro so he couldn't be his brother. Mina and Tooru exchange a smug grin. A hot boy at a hot boy's house? He opens the door for them and they all quickly enter.

When they get to the living room, everyone (aside from Momo) is shocked.

Shoto places his bag down and turns to Tenko. "So who's here right now?" He asks.

He's answered by a swooping sound followed by Himiko bounding down the staircase and colliding with Shoto for a hug. All the students from 1A stare at her in shock.

"Shoto!!" Himiko says. She turns to the shocked students with a questioning look. Mina slowly points at her and gasps.

"OMG You're Himiko Toga from YouTube!" She almost shrieks. Almost everyone else gasps as well.

Himiko blinks and smiles. "Oh righttttt, I'm famous. Lol." She says. She waves at them in a greeting. "Hi, um, students."

Mina turns to Eijiro. "You know Himiko Toga???" She says.

Eijiro smiles nervously. Katsuki interrupts. "Yeah, she lives here." He says in monotone. "She's really annoying by the way. Come on, Ei, we're going to your room." He grabs Eijiro's wrist and pulls him up the stairs, leaving Mina and the rest in shock.

Ochako turns to Keigo and Tenko. "Is Izuku home?" She asks. Tenko shrugs. Ochako turns towards the stairs and yells, "IZUKU?!?"

No response.

"IZUKU!?!" Ochako yells again. Himiko bounds across the room and envelopes Ochako in a hug.

Hitoshi looks around the living room. "Let's go down to another room. 2nd or 3rd, Denki?" He turns. Denki raises two fingers. "Alright, second living room it is. That one does have a good view. Let's go." He goes down the stairs and the confused class follows.

When they entered the second living room, everyone was shocked again.

"Alright, let's study." Hitoshi says. "Once Katsuki's upstairs with Eijiro, they're not coming down until he has to cook dinner." He and Ochako laugh.

Shoto frowns at the room. He leaves to go upstairs. Their classmates nervously sit on the couches. They start doing homework and studying. Hours pass. Ochako worriedly looked around for Izuku.

...[With Izuku}

Izuku was pacing around a completely white room. It was so white he couldn't tell what was the start of the walls and what was the start of the floor.

He paces around endlessly, bumping into the walls sometimes. But the point wasn't for him to get trapped. "Fake, fake, fake." Izuku muttered under his breath. "Not real, not real."

The door opened to reveal him again. Izuku stopped muttering and walking to turn to him. He breathed out a small breath of fire and stared at the man with a resentful look. "Why are you here?" Izuku says quietly. "Get out."

The man laughs. "Quite annoyed, are we?" He says. He enters the room and splashes blood red paint across the ground. It gave contrast so it was easier to see.

"I said get out!" Izuku demands. "What do you even want from me?!"

The man grins and stares at Izuku. "I brought you here to train, don't you remember?" He said. Izuku frowns at him, and panic flashes in his eyes.

"I- I'm not going to train with you." He says. The man reaches in his pocket and takes out a small piece of technology. Izuku takes a step back. "I won't train with you!"

The man grins again and presses a button of the device. It twitches to life. It jumps onto the ground and ran toward Izuku. The boy took a few more steps back before the robot was able to crawl up his shoes and legs. Up his back and up his neck. He tries to shake the device off, but it latches itself to the back of Izuku's head.

Izuku let out a twisted cry. He clutches his head in his hands and turns to the man again. "What the hell did you do!?" He demands before he crumples in on himself and groans in pain.

The man steps forward as Izuku quiets. "A broken mind vs. a brilliant piece of tech that.. can give insanely painful headaches. Who will win?" He muses. "I personally think technology would. What do you think?"

Izuku starts muttering again. "The mission at first was to drive you completely insane." The man said. "We completed that fifty percent. But I think you're still useful with half your wits together." He nudges Izuku's head with his foot, which just makes Izuku flinch.

The muttering grows louder, this time audible for the man to hear. "Fake, Shoto, help, can't be here, fake, Shoto, help, can't be here." Repeating over and over again.

The man crouches down next to Izuku's ear. "Shoto's not coming for you. How could he be if he isn't real?" The man taunts. "And why can't you be here if you've never left?"

Izuku whimpers. The man steps away, and steps out of the room. He closes the door, which causes Izuku to let out a scream. The man presses in the number 0. Cold air starts to fill the white room Izuku was in until the temperature was 0 and shifting to 1 degree Celsius.

The man whispers a last sentence into the room. "Goodbye, my son."

<^> To Be Continued

(1.1k words)

✨A N G S T✨
✨M Y ✨
✨U N D Y I N G✨
✨L O V E✨