Chapter 16 - Sleep and Nightmares

|Hospital Things, Trauma-ish stuff(?)|

Third Person POV:

"Mom, do you want to see something?" Shoto asked Rei a hour later. Rei nods with a smile.

Natsuo and Fuyumi look and see Shoto had lit his nose aflame, so he kinda looked like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. Izuku next to him started giggling uncontrollably. The greenette blows a plume of flame out of his mouth before giggling again.

Rei's jaw drops. "Oh. Oh my." She says.

Fuyumi smiled slightly before looking in Touya's direction. Keigo had fallen asleep next to him, leaning on his shoulder. But Touya himself was in the same position as he was earlier; knees to his chest, arms crossed, and looking to the wall right next to him.

Fuyumi looks down at Shoto, who had lit his pointer on fire as well, with a sigh. She walked over to Touya and sat on the end of the bed.

"Hey, Touya-nii?" She says. He doesn't respond. "Touya?"

He looks up with a start and sees her. "Oh.. hi Fuyumi." He says in a voice barely above a whisper. "Sorry, I didn't hear you."

Fuyumi smiles. "It's alright, but are you tired?" She says, being the concerned sister she is. "I don't really know how much sleep you got... there. but you look like you haven't slept in a month." Fuyumi reaches out and rubs Touya's hair softly.

The boy's eyes looked lifeless. Fuyumi frowned. "I'm fine." Touya says, obviously lying. "I just.. I got worried I had hurt you guys earlier."

"Oh Touya, we're all okay." Fuyumi says and scoots closer to her brother. She hugs him and strokes his hair softly. "I think after a good night's rest, you'll feel a lot better."

Touya didn't want to sleep. He felt like he shouldn't. But in his sister's warm embrace, he struggled to keep his eyes open.

"No. Fuyumi.." He whispers. Touya clutched weakly at the shirt on his sister's back. "..Don't want to sleep..." He barely manages the sentence before his eyes close and he falls into a deep slumber. Something he never has had before, because his body is so used to being 100% tense all the time. Ready to wake up at any moment so he wouldn't be in danger.

Once Fuyumi felt the slow breaths of his brother, she smiled and set him down back next to Keigo. Of course, Keigo's wings instinctively wrap around the two and looked like a half open curtain.

"OH MAH GAWD." Everyone turns to Himiko, who was the source of the outburst. She collapses dramatically. "How.. could.. Cupid.. HoW COuLd YOu bE SO CRUElLlLlLl!??!" Ochako bursts out laughing and Izuku joins in.

Himiko reaches out weakly to Ochako, only to pull her arm back and fake cry. "I thought you LOVED me Ochako-chan!" She fake sobs. "Was I.. just a FOOLLLLLL?!"

"Noooo!" Ochako plays along. "I do love you! You misunderstand!"

Izuku giggles at Shoto's confused expression. "Then why did you ignore mE?" Himiko cries out. Fuyumi glances back at Touya and Keigo and sees Keigo's eyes slowly start to open.

With motherly instincts taking over, Fuyumi quickly leans forward and sets her hands over both Keigo's ears. Since he stopped hearing the loud noise, the winged boy fell back asleep. Fuyumi sighed and decided to walk over to her parents.

While Natsuo was playing with Eijiro and Katsuki, Katsuki angrily throws his deck of cards on the ground. "This is boring." He complains. "Where can we fight?"

"Why would you want to fight?" Natsuo asks, slightly disturbed.

Katsuki grins. "So I can beat the sh*t out of Eijiro." He says. "Obviously."

Hitoshi came up to them. He sat down and huffed. The purple haired boy had jealousy written across his face. "What happened?" Eijiro asks.

"Nothing, just.." Hitoshi trails off, and glances back at Denki. Who was currently talking with Izuku, and had a starry look in his eyes. Denki feels something watching him and turns to lock eyes with Hitoshi. A small tint of blush crosses his face. "Nothing."

Natsuo caught the exchange and grins.

Fuyumi goes up to her father. "Father, I'm worried about everyone." She says. Enji turns with a stern stare and directs it back at Touya, who was now sleeping peacefully against his friend.

"I am as well, Fuyumi, but there is really nothing we can do now other than give them space." He responds with a sigh. A hospital attendant overhears them and comes over.

They tap Fuyumi's shoulder. "Sometimes, the best thing we can do is wait for them to come to us, and then talk about whatever is troubling them." The attendant says with a smile. "I would advise a few more days before trying to talk with them."

(Guys I am not a therapist, DO NOT TAKE MY ADVICE)

... |Later that night, 9:30-ish|

All of the kids were sleeping.

In one of the corners was Izuku. Shoto was asleep against his chest. Rei had put a very fluffy blanket on them, which Shoto had grabbed on and was slowly freezing the part in his grasp.

A few meters away was Katsuki and Eijiro. They were lying on their stomachs on the ground, since they had been watching a movie on the iPads when they fell asleep. The iPad was still in Katsuki's hand, a bit out of shape because Katsuki had gotten angry at the 'stupid movie plot'.

In another corner was Ochako, Himiko, and Tenya. Ochako and Himiko were cuddling against the side of Tenya, with his arm around them both as if he was protecting.

Denki and Hitoshi were sleeping in beds that were provided by the attendants.

Keigo and Touya were also fast asleep. Keigo's wings were nice and warm, giving Touya a perfect blanket. Touya himself was having the best sleep he's had since.. ever. He was having a very peaceful dream, and was perfectly happy and content in that moment.

The rest of the Todoroki family got a guest room down the hall from the big room, but they weren't using it tonight. All of them wanted to watch over the kids. They didn't want to let Touya or Shoto out of their sight again, not after what happened last time.

Rei and Fuyumi were watching over Touya when Keigo suddenly jolted awake and scrambled out of bed.

"Keigo?" Fuyumi whispered. "What's wrong."

The two women watched the boy fumble around for a moment before realizing where he was. He jumped back on the bed, flapping his wings rapidly. Which ended up waking Touya up.

Keigo's wings flapped multiple times and he started hovering in the air. Touya opened his eyes to see Keigo's eye less than two inches in front of him.

"Kei?" Touya says tiredly, rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong?"

Keigo blinks his wide eyes. He hums and tilts his head to the side. "I don't know." He says blankly.

Touya stares at him for a second. "Are you serious, again?" He mutters and yawns. "Alright. There's no meal in the middle of the night, Keigo. We get meals three times now, during the day." He yawns again.

After another moment of flapping, Keigo sets himself back down on the bed in front of Touya. He stretches his arms in the air and then flops down on top of Touya, making the white haired boy yelp. He hugs Keigo tight and they both drift off.

Fuyumi and Rei smile fondly at the image. They really were good friends.

<^> To Be Continued

(1.2k words)

Mhm, sure. FRiEnDS