Chapter 17 - The Big, Wide, Beautiful World

|Hospital Things|

Third Person POV:

The next morning, the hospital attendants decided to let the kids get to another space for their first lunch.

You also must be wondering, where is Tenko for the past few chapters? He has been having and recovering from surgery, because of his many broken ribs, limb bones, and a fracture to his skull. He also got a bit of brain damage, but it should heal with time. He's been resting in a separate room, under anesthesia because he won't stop panicking and trying to attack the attendants.

Anyway, they decided to bring the children down in groups at a time.

"Izuku and Shoto, please come here." One attendant says. Izuku stands up, still giggling from whatever Shoto did to make him laugh, and walked over to the attendant with Shoto in tow.

A few minutes later.. "Keigo, Touya, come on." They stood up and left. Everyone still in the room looked at the door they left with confusion.

Another bit later. "Katsuki, Eijiro." Those two stood to leave.

Again, after a while. "Denki, Ochako, Himiko." Denki reluctantly left Hitoshi. Ochako and Himiko followed Denki out.

"Tenya, Hitoshi." Those two left, still eyeing each other warily.

It took a while to get everyone downstairs, but once they were there, they all had a very go time.

...

"Children, we have decided that we are going to let you go outside." One hospital attendant says. Most of the children cheer.

Katsuki grins at Eijiro. "I'll beat you up so hard. You can't beat me." He challenges. Eijiro just grins back and continues eating his food. Natsuo looked between them, again confused and slightly disturbed.

Everyone was allowed to have a food of their choice, so Eijiro was currently eating a large hamburger. Big shark bites were where he had bitten. Katsuki was eating his fries with hot sauce. As well as a bowl of spicy ramen.

Shoto was eating cold zaru soba, Izuku was sipping down a strawberry banana smoothie, and Ochako and Himiko were both eating from a plate of watermelons. Touya was slowly picking at a plate of fries, while Keigo was eating fried chicken. Touya kept teasing his, ahem, friend about how it was cannibalism.

Tenya was eating an apple pie sprinkled with powdered sugar. Denki was drinking a fancy looking chocolate shake. And Hitoshi was staring at Denki chugging his shake while he himself slowly sipped his own vanilla one through the straw.

Yes, this was a very fancy hospital.

Enji and Fuyumi were sitting next to Shoto while he was explaining his latest love child theory to Izuku(Not Hitoshi and Aizawa this time). Rei was sitting next to Touya while he was listening to Keigo's rant about how he thinks the outside will be. And Natsuo was sitting next to Eijiro while they watched Ochako and Katsuki threaten each other.

Aizawa walked into the room and came up to the table. Everyone turned to look at him. "It's time to go outside." He says. Izuku gasps and smiles widely, which makes everyone else smile as well.

...

The doors opened.

Aizawa grinned. "Welcome to the world, children."

It was summertime, so the grass was a rich green. The sun was out and there were no clouds. Birds were chirping and flying around. The trees were almost twenty feet tall, with leaves so thick, it looked like bushes. There were hills, and many different plants. Everyone looked around.

They had all expected the outside to look something like the dirt, barren and dead. Sucked of life. Denied of color. They were not expecting this, a land of rich and plenty.

Katsuki and Eijiro ran into the field together, laughing as small birds and insects jumped and flew out of the tall grass

Katsuki and Eijiro ran into the field together, laughing as small birds and insects jumped and flew out of the tall grass. Maybe exploding some plants.

Himiko plucked a small Angel Amber Kiss Pansy. (Yes, ik, long name but beautiful flower) She eyed it for a moment before giving it to Ochako. The brown haired girl grinned and took it. A few petals floated off and up into the sky. Himiko grinned and rubbed her and Ochako's noses together, earning a crimson red to pop on Ochako's face.

Denki grabbed Hitoshi by the wrist and ran down the field to the trees. When they got to them, Denki stood under one and just looked up with a smile. Hitoshi smiled at him.

Tenya glanced down at the ground and saw a little dragonfly perched on a leaf. He crouched down and watched it. The insect twitches its wing before leaping off the leaf and flying away.

As Izuku and Shoto looked around, Izuku's eyes filled with tears. He held his hands to his mouth and cried, smiling as he soaked in the sun. Shoto quietly watched him. Did Izuku always have those sparkles in his eyes? Did his freckles always dance across his face when he smiled? Shoto smiled softly, and looked around the landscape as well.

Shoto turned to Izuku and took his smaller hand. They walked together through the field, and came to a small area without tall grass. They both sat down and smiled.

Keigo had immediately taken off, shooting into the sky using his wings. He flies higher than the building surrounding the hospital, and then the hospital itself. He laughed loudly and glided downwards before swooping up again.

The boy did multiple flips and tricks in the air, including plummeting to the ground and then shooting up again at the last moment.

Then he shot down and picked Touya off the ground before pulling him up into the sky. Touya yelped and latched onto Keigo while he swooped and glided and spun in the air.

Keigo suddenly stopped and held Touya in front of him. His wings beat up and down.

The two boys stared at each other, 60 meters in the air, faces lit up by the sun. The world was so small, just like their fears. A moment passed of the only sound being Keigo's huge, magnificent, red wings beating. Then Touya leaned forward and kissed him. Keigo kissed back.

Down on the ground, the Todoroki family had their mouths agape. Natsuo grins.

"I knew he was gay." He says.

"Oh, shut up."

<^> To Be Continued

(1k words)

Dabihawks. My OTP. 😔 I love