Chapter 11 - The Todoroki's pt. 2

|(Good)Police|

Third Person POV:

At the ugly point they all were in, Aizawa and Rumi decided to go visit Rei Todoroki. They went to the same mental hospital as Inko Midoriya was in.

When they ring the counter, the lady gives them a sour look. She asks them why they were there and why they needed to see Mrs. Todoroki. When Aizawa told her, she looked unimpressed, but she gave him the keys to the room and they headed up to her hospital room.

When they enter, Aizawa notices how clean it is compared to Inko's.

Rumi knocks on the door to let the woman by the window notice they were there. She had long white hair and a white hospital gown. Rei turns to them and stares.

"Hello." Was all she says.

"Um, Mrs. Todoroki?" Rumi says. "We wanted to talk with you." Rumi takes the pictures out of her bag and slowly sets them on the table. "We have a few things to tell and show you, but we were told to show you this one first." She took the one with Touya and showed it to her slowly.

The moment she lays her eyes on the photo, Rei's breath hitches. Aizawa jumps in. "I know this is a shock, but we recently came across proof that your sons were alive, so we reopened the investigation and were able to get this photo to show you." Aizawa says. "We have already informed your family, and we just wanted to get some answers from you?"

Rumi sighed. "We have more evidence, but because of the law, we are not allowed to share them with you." She says. "Now are you alright for us to ask questions?"

Rei nodded. "Yes, if it helps."

The two police looked at each other. Aizawa took out a pad and pencil. "Alright, what was your experience with the night your eldest son was taken? We already got your husband's account for it, we just need yours as well." He asks.

The white haired woman was silent for a moment. "It was evening when it happened. I was playing with Touya on the ground in the play room." She says. She looked out the window and then back at Aizawa. "I don't remember much, but a man suddenly jumped into the room via the window. He grabbed Touya right off the floor and then hit me in the back of the head."

Aizawa nodded and Rumi sat down on a chair across from Rei. "We have the other information, so that was really all we needed, could you come to this building tomorrow?" Aizawa asks and hands her a slip of paper. Rei glances over it.

"I could ask." She said.

"Alright, we are investigating this right now." Rumi says. "Arresting the people responsible for this is needed, but no matter what happens, your children will come first."

And with a cherry on top, Rei gives them a soft smile.

<^>

Aizawa goes back to the Todoroki residence four days later. When the sister, Fuyumi, opened the door, she looked relieved.

They walked to the living room without a sound. Natsuo was already there, and once he saw Aizawa he bolted to go get his father, Enji. Aizawa sat down and waited for them to come back so they could talk.

"We have decided that.." Aizawa pauses for a moment. "The police force is going to infiltrate the facility that the kids are in. As we now know for a fact that they are all in that one area."

Fuyumi gasps in surprise and relief. Aizawa takes out a piece of paper and a pen. "Come to this building at 9:30am, you will wait there while we go to the area. We have also talked with Mrs. Todoroki, so she might be there. With hope, you'll meet your missing family members there." He says.

Natsuo takes the piece of paper from Aizawa. Enji sighs deeply and stares out the window.

"How long will this take?" Natsuo asks. "And what if they're not even there? This would all be for nothing."

Aizawa just blinks tiredly. "We know for sure that Touya is there. I showed you that photo." He says slowly. "We also know Shoto as well as multiple other kids are there as well, since we were able to get a fly camera in the facility."

Fuyumi nodded multiple times. She grabbed onto her brother's shoulders and started shaking them while her eyes began to tear up.

"Oh my god, we're going to see them again." Fuyumi says through her tears.

Aizawa smiles and stands up. "Well, hopefully I'll be seeing you tomorrow." He says. "Now I must leave and prepare for tomorrow."

Fuyumi got up and walked him out the door. They said goodbye and Aizawa went back to the police station. He went to his desk and Hizashi immediately asked him questions.

"Oi! What happened?" He said loudly, per usual.

Aizawa just sighed. "Well, they'll be at the building tomorrow, so all we have to do is get the kids out." He said. "You already knew that."

Hizashi sighed and leaned back in his chair. "What do ya think will happen?" He says. "Anything can go right or wrong."

Sighing tiredly, Aizawa shrugged. He starts typing on his computer on some document. Toshinori comes in with Nemuri and gives Aizawa a thumbs up. Nemuri comes up to them with a huge stack of papers. Almost a foot high.

"This is all of the illegal things they did wrong + everyone we know is involved." She says and wipes the sweat off of her forehead.

"Thanks?" Hizashi says. "Why do we need this?"

Aizawa finishes typing something and turns to face his friend(ahem). "We need physical evidence to arrest them." He explains. "We can't just barge in without any evidence of our claims."

Nemuri goes back to her desk and Toshinori goes over to Rumi's desk, she had entered while they were talking.

"All of us should rest, we have a long day ahead of us." Toshinori says to the group. They all nod and start to leave the police station.

...

A young nurse quickly ran down a hallway. She was frantically glancing around. She knew what was about to happen, and she didn't want to be here when it did.

The nurse ran out of the facility.

And Nejire didn't look back.

<^> To Be Continued

(1k words)

The title was a play on the episodes: 'The Hellish Todoroki pt. 1 & 2'