『1』

Police suck balls.

The hand gripping the back of my collar tightens, putting me in a seat.

"All right.." the cop sighs. "What'd you do this time?"

"Officer Grimes," I greet.

Rick Grimes sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. I ease to the edge of my seat as he sits down across the desk.

"We got a disturbance call on you. What and who did you disturb?"

I cross my arms, laying them on the desk. "I think you just like making me ride around in your super cool wee-woo car."

"I've spent hundreds in gas just chasing you down."

"The Tom to my Jerry, Officer Grimes."

"Do you want to try and come up with a lie or should I go ahead and write up your warning slip?"

"Can I get that in glittery ink?"

"What number should I call to pick you up?" he ignores my question.

I poke my tongue in my cheek. "Mom is still out of town."

"Unni, then?"

I giggle. "Unni isn't her name, Officer Grimes."

"Well, that's all you call her."

"I'm not here to give you a Korean history lesson." I stand from the chair. "So, if you'll excuse me-"

"All right, Hyejin," a new voice scolds, putting me back in my seat.

"Officer Walsh!" I cheer.

Shane sighs, shaking his head at me. "I thought you promised me no more problems last time I dropped you off at home after the restaurant incident?"

"We didn't pinky promise, so I don't recall."

Shane leans on the desk. Rick gives him a look and motions his hand at me. 'Do something with her' his eyes said.

"Yoo Hyejin. Age: fifteen. Street address-"

"Okay, we get it!" I complain. "You're a big fan of mine."

"What almost-crime did you kind of commit this time?"

I slump in my chair and cross my arms.

"She was in the park," Rick begins.

"Ugh!" I throw my head back.

"Asking people if she could borrow their phone and then running off with it."

"Didn't you already try that once before? That 'fragile' old lady walloped you upside the back of the head with her cane."

"I fail at taking a phone and I'm a thief. She almost gives me a concussion, it was self-defense."

"You were stealing," Rick reminds.

"And I still have the scar from Mary Poppins' splinter-infested stick of death."

"You want me to drop you off back home?" Shane asks. "My shift's ending anyway."

"No one's there."

"Then, you can have yourself a nice little timeout."

I hold my hand out to Rick. He ducks by the desk and retrieves my skateboard. He hands it to me and I slot the board under my arm before opening my hand up to him once more.

"You're not getting the cigarettes back."

"Boo," I say. I stand from my chair once again, sticking my tongue out at Rick. "Tell Lori I said 'hi'."