『65』

TW SA is mentioned and alluded to in this chapter

there are no scenes of it actually happening, it is only the aftermath and the predators are NOT included in this chapter.

please please please read at your own caution 

if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, skip to the end to read the note i put AFTER the banner, there will be a brief summary of what happened

Woodbury.

Michonne.

The Governor.

The terms and names were new and confusing.

Hyejin and Maggie were taken by a man who shot Michonne, the woman whom Rick found at the prison fences with baby supplies. 

They were taken to a town called Woodbury, led by a man that called himself "The Governor". 

It didn't take long for everyone to jump into action. Beyond the girls being family and loved- Woojin and the new baby would need to eat. Without Hyejin, they'd starve. Michonne had a can of formula in the basket, but it wasn't enough for both babies. They would need more sooner rather than later.

Rick was going to Woodbury. Despite the worry of the others about him not being mentally fit yet, he had to do it. He was the leader. Hyejin was his family. 

Michonne was also going since she knew the way there.

Daryl didn't hesitate to tag along. He was muscle. And although he'd never say it out loud, he was fond of both Hyejin and Maggie. They were family that was so close that he almost dared to say the cursed word he'd avoided his whole life.

Glenn was a given. He'd do anything for Maggie- the love of his life. And Hyejin was something like a little sister to him.

Of the prisoners, Axel and Oscar offered to go. Rick allowed Oscar to come with them as he was an able-bodied fighter who proved his loyalty to Rick.

Q didn't offer to go. But, Rick made him. Daryl didn't like the decision, but he understood it. 

They left before dark. They had to get the girls back at all costs.

--

I shivered and clutched Maggie's hand in mine. Our nails are embedded in each other's skin, causing us to bleed.

But, we don't dare let one another go. We were the last things grounding ourselves. We were all each other could focus on in the time of horror. My other arm wraps around my bare chest.

"All this time running from walkers.. you forget what people do," Maggie says, quiet and broken. "What they've always done."

"Back at the prison," I start, voice a shadow of what it usually is. "Q.."