『54』

"Oppa?" I whisper, though the sound echoes through the halls. "Maggie?"

T-Dog eases around the corner and I rest my hand on his back, peeking past him. 

"Maggie? Glenn?" Rick calls, quiet but desperate.

T and I both startle when a scream erupts through the halls. We bustle down a hallway, running face-first into Rick and Daryl. It was then that I realized the scream came from Hershel.

We barely regroup or gain our bearings as Hershel continues to scream in pain. We run down the halls to the source, finally seeing a walker biting Hershel on the leg.

Rick's gun fires before I even comprehend the situation.

Glenn and Maggie round the other corner and Maggie screams in alarm.

"Come on! We gotta go!" Rick hurries. 

Rick and Glenn pick Hershel up with each of his arms around their shoulders.

I step forward as I figure gunshots didn't matter anymore. Daryl follows. Daryl and I shoot down walkers that came toward us, me with the gun and Daryl with his bow.

"Hey! Right here!" Maggie screams.

I follow and kick at the double doors she was talking about. It moves, but there is a pair of handcuffs around each handle.

"Fuck!" I shout, kicking the door again. "T!"

T-Dog uses one of our makeshift weapons- a fireplace tool, to break the cuffs. I kick the door again and it flies open. 

"Come on!" I hurry the rest, putting my back to the door.

Rick and Glenn carry Hershel inside and lay him on the floor.

"Hyejin!" Rick shouts.

I hurry after them and slide to the floor beside Hershel on my knees. I don't even bother asking or saying much as I rip Hershel's pantleg from the ankle up to his knee so I can see the wound.

"He's bit," Maggie cries. "Oh, God!"

My hands hesitate over the wound. Daryl and T were at the door, struggling to keep the walkers out of the room.

"They stopped eating that man once the infection took over, right?" I ask Rick, recalling the body from the hall.

Rick's eyes were wide and I could tell he was questioning what that had to do with anything.

"That means the infection carried from the bite to the rest of the body," I put together in a panic. "So, if we stop the infection from spreading.."

Rick leans up and takes off his belt, reading my mind.

"What? What are you doing?" Glenn asks.

"I don't know!" I admit. "Hurry, Rick!"

Rick hands me the belt and I lean over Hershel, wrapping it tight as a tourniquet.

"Can you do it?" Rick asks, though he could tell I was already weighing the option.

I wasn't sure if I could be the one to bring harm to Hershel. Even if this worked and the infection stopped, Hershel could die from he wound.

"I've got it," Rick decides after looking me over. He grabs his axe.

"I need it in one clean hit so I can treat it. Don't hit the knee," I order and put my hand just above Hershel's shin. "Here and lower- no higher"

"What's happening?" Glenn asks, still lost.

"Hold him down!" I shout, not meaning to come across as rude- just desperate. "Daryl!"

Maggie holds Hershel's head in her lap and holds him down. Glenn, though lost, holds down Hershel's waist. Daryl runs over and helps keep Hershel down as well.

"One clean go," I remind Rick as I hold Hershel's leg down from his ankle.

Rick brings the axe up and holds his breath. He swings and cuts Hershel's leg, but not all the way through.

"One clean hit!" I plead, irritated now.

"I'm trying!" Rick says, swinging the axe again.

"One clean fucking hit!" I scream.

"It's dull!" Rick shouts back.

Two more hits.

"Goddammit, Rick!" I cry out.

With an additional three and final hits, Hershel's lower leg separates from his body.

I knock the loose limb out of my way and grab the few towels we had brought in case of injury. I wrap Hershel's wound to try and stop him from bleeding out.

"Duck," Daryl whispers to Rick and I.

Rick pulls me down and Daryl stands, aiming the crossbow in a certain direction.

"Holy shit," I hear an unfamiliar man say.

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl asks.

"Who the hell are you?" another voice repeats.

"We have to get him back so I can treat the wound," I tell Rick. "We gotta go now."

Daryl coaxes the people behind me to walk out slowly and calmly. There was more than one.

"Oppa, go see if they have the infirmary back there," I order.

Glenn jumps to his feet and runs past the people who shout in defiance. But, when T-Dog also raises his gun at them, they don't say much.

"Oppa?" I ask.

"No supplies, but I got this," Glenn says, returning with a metal table on wheels.

"Maggie when we lift him, keep hard pressure on the wound," I tell her and she nods, replacing my hands with hers over Hershel's bleeding wound.

Glenn rolls the table over as Rick and someone talks about a rescue squad. I hardly hear any of it because my attention was so focused on Hershel.

"T! Clear the walkers at the door so we can get through!" I call above the chaos as Rick, Glenn, Maggie, and I lift Hershel onto the table.

T-Dog sets to work. He opens the door back up and kills the remaining walkers that were there.

"Daryl!" Rick shouts. "Daryl, let's go!"

I run around the table to help Maggie with the pressure on Hershel's wound, while also directing the wheels to move.

"Ahjussi, let's fucking move!" I scream.

Daryl backs away from the survivors and we leave in a rush to get Hershel back to the others.

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

RICK AND HYEJIN'S BANTER IS MY FAV THING

also she loves her ahjussi daryl that's her old man